Calgary Flames 3rd Jersey/Secondary Logo (Updated)

originaldave77

I like the firefighter style jerseys(although I would pick 3 and stick with them). The secondary is a bit busy, I think to work it needs to be simplified a bit. The Sharks is a very interesting direction to take, but for some odd reason I think it works. I get the fighter plane thing, and the SJ prop is a clever touch(I didn't see a swastika btw, I didn't see SJ either until they were pointed out). Very interesting stuff!

P.S. Awesome Lego Hockey!!

Slick! The top right is my fave and if they had the same type of reflective tape as they do on the turn out coats they would be over the top great! The shoulder logo is really slick too. Is the G anything though? Perhaps making it a spanner or more spanner like.

I like the design of the Sharks I just don't get the plane. I think it would make a much better Flyers logo though.

Anyway good stuff!

Thanks! The 'G' is the middle of CGY, Calgary's abbreviation. The C is a horseshoe, and the Y is a bull head. I couldn't think of anything for the 'G', but it encircles the puck!

The Sharks is just for something cool, as many WWII era planes had a shark painted on the front of the plane.

I'll try to fix the unintended Swastika-ish look, sorry if it offended anyone!!!

Yea I got that part. I just didn't know if you were trying to make it something else as well. You could make it a spanner with a tweak.

Probably a dumb question, but what is a 'spanner'? :s

A spanner is the type of wrench used to open fire hydrants.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived