Syracuse Chiefs 09 alternate jersey and cap

joebass123

a new alternate jersey and cap for the syracuse chiefs modeled after the nationals red alternate and red alternate cap...

http://syracuse.chiefs.milb.com/news/artic...sp&sid=t552

the first story on the main page has "picture" of the new jersey and cap...

http://syracuse.chiefs.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t552

the alternate cap is an upgrade compared to their black "c" one, but i wish they would've modeled a new away jersey after the nationals 09 away jerseys...

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?prod...kid=body_rv_img

Can't say I'm too crazy about it...

zjRGVLKb.jpg

The AA Harrisburg Senators put together an identity package modeled after the Nats' theme last year and it wasn't too bad...

large_MARTIS2.jpg

And the class-A Hagerstown Suns, whose colors remain orange and black presumably from their days as an affiliate of the Orioles, had a red white and blue alternate uniform a season or so back. I can't find any pics of the uniform, but the altered logo was used in this promotion:

08-beerfestival.jpg

Can't say I'm too crazy about it...

I'm not a huge fan either. But. It's certainly better than anything the Chiefs are currently wearing; the Toronto-themed redesign is maybe the worst make-the-farm-club-look-like-the-big-league-team effort in recent memory. And in terms of general look and feel, I think it's actually more successful than the new Nats red alts. The blue piping keeps it from looking like a Reds hand-me-down, and the white numbers are the way to go on red.

The AA Harrisburg Senators put together an identity package modeled after the Nats' theme last year and it wasn't too bad...

Harrisburg, on the other hand, might be the best recent example of a farm team remaking itself to look like the parent club. That is, before the Nationals went and ruined their distinctive uniform identity this offseason. If I ran the Nats team stores, I would have laid in a quantity of replica Harrisburg home jerseys. There are still a ton of Washingtonians who like to pretend that they were Senators fans back in the day, and a Senators jersey in the style of the current (well, 2005-2008) Nats identity is a stroke of marketing genius. Or would be, if anyone bothered to offer the jerseys for sale in Washington.

20082614447.png

Does anyone have any pictures or a PDF of the new Syracuse uniforms, if any? Aside from the new alternate, there is a picture of a coach on the team's home page that looks like he's wearing another possible new uniform.

the white pinstriped jersey? i'm pretty sure that's a picture of the manager wearing a columbus clippers jersey (the nats triple-a affiliate in 08) that's been photoshoped with a chiefs logo on the cap.

some promotional logos...

bsJykmLD.jpg

Does anyone have any pictures or a PDF of the new Syracuse uniforms, if any? Aside from the new alternate, there is a picture of a coach on the team's home page that looks like he's wearing another possible new uniform.

the white pinstriped jersey? i'm pretty sure that's a picture of the manager wearing a columbus clippers jersey (the nats triple-a affiliate in 08) that's been photoshoped with a chiefs logo on the cap.

Not the pinstriped guys, but the Nationals-looking coach with a Photoshopped Chiefs logo on the hat -- will the Chiefs be going with Nationals-themed uniforms like that, or are they only introducing a new alternate jersey?

Not the pinstriped guys, but the Nationals-looking coach with a Photoshopped Chiefs logo on the hat -- will the Chiefs be going with Nationals-themed uniforms like that, or are they only introducing a new alternate jersey?

That's Darnell Coles, and I'm pretty sure that's just a publicity shot of Coles in a Nationals jersey from his time as a roving hitting instructor with the Nats, before he went to Vermont (and then Hagerstown) as a manager. With the Chiefs BP cap logo Photoshopped on.

20082614447.png

That's Darnell Coles, and I'm pretty sure that's just a publicity shot of Coles in a Nationals jersey from his time as a roving hitting instructor with the Nats, before he went to Vermont (and then Hagerstown) as a manager. With the Chiefs BP cap logo Photoshopped on.

Yes, but my question is will the Chiefs be adopting a uniform set somewhat resembling the Photoshop job, or is the already introduced alternate the only new uniform they'll be unveiling for this year?

Archived