Deep Space Orange

Ross_Shafer

So for what ever car i've ever had ive came up with a name for it by incorporating its color. for example my first car was a red buick century, which was fittingly named "Red Thunder". Recently after red thunder broke down I was able to by a deep burnt orange honda element, and i've dubbed it "Deep Space Orange", due to the fact that i think it totally looks like a space ship on the inside. ha, anyways back to my reason for the tread.

I've always thought it would be cool to design a "mission logo" for my car, much like what nasa does for each space mission. so heres my beginning idea for it.. nothing fancy, but id love to hear some feedback. maybe even help me come up with a rad slogan i could put on it... like "for the good of mankind" or something cheesy like that.. and hopefully ill be able to take it to a sign shop that does vinyl graphics for cars.

dsoru2.png

w1350.png

Art Director at Lodge Design • Indianapolis, IN

- - - - - - - - - -

www.wechoosetogotothemoondesign.com

You need some burnt orange. I think the blue should become orange and the red line behind the car should be navy.

And I think it would be funny to put an astronaut floating outside the car, maybe attached to a cord. Or holding a gas pump or something.

Probably the thing that bothers me the most is the antenna. Yeah its on the car, but it is distracting in the logo. Feel free to take some artistic license and get rid of it. Also I agree on the orange thing, but it should be the car that is orange. Once you throw an outline around everything it will read fine.

I see you are going to Herron. Great school. Easily the best building on IUPUI's campus too.

Probably the thing that bothers me the most is the antenna. Yeah its on the car, but it is distracting in the logo. Feel free to take some artistic license and get rid of it. Also I agree on the orange thing, but it should be the car that is orange. Once you throw an outline around everything it will read fine.

I see you are going to Herron. Great school. Easily the best building on IUPUI's campus too.

yeah, i was thinkin bout whether the antenna should be on it... i was just use to seein it on the car itself... but yeah, ill definitely try out the outline, using the orange of the car as that color.... good calls.

but yeah, herron is really great. its crazy that im almost done with my first semester! but im having a blast and learning a ton. which will totally help me in my future vis comm classes.

Art Director at Lodge Design • Indianapolis, IN

- - - - - - - - - -

www.wechoosetogotothemoondesign.com

Archived