Duke wearing black/black combo

OrangeBalloonCoast

Scheyer, Paulus, and al. looking really tough wearing their black shoes and socks with their home jerseys...First they added the black jersey, then they went with some black in their road (blue) and home (white) unis, and now they're all wearing black socks/ black shoes with the home whites...I hate to admit it, but at least Carolina hasn't sold out and deviated from their classic uniforms, with the white socks and shoes combo!

Scheyer, Paulus, and al. looking really tough wearing their black shoes and socks with their home jerseys...First they added the black jersey, then they went with some black in their road (blue) and home (white) unis, and now they're all wearing black socks/ black shoes with the home whites...I hate to admit it, but at least Carolina hasn't sold out and deviated from their classic uniforms, with the white socks and shoes combo!

Maybe they thought they were going to be the road team, since the road uniforms are both worn with black shoes and black socks.

Duke had one of the best looking sets out there before they went and mucked it all up with black. The home whites and the road blues were classy, and the black alts were OK when they were the only unis with black in them. But adding the black side panel to the blue road jerseys and the black trim to the home white jerseys just looks bad, IMO. At least UNC recognized their mistake back in 2000 and got rid of the "NC" jerseys after one year.

Duke had one of the best looking sets out there before they went and mucked it all up with black. The home whites and the road blues were classy, and the black alts were OK when they were the only unis with black in them. But adding the black side panel to the blue road jerseys and the black trim to the home white jerseys just looks bad, IMO. At least UNC recognized their mistake back in 2000 and got rid of the "NC" jerseys after one year.

As a Duke fan, I'm also not a big fan of the difference in blues between the current uniforms and the ones that were worn as recently as 2004. I don't know what the color difference is (other than the old uniforms being darker) but I am a much bigger fan of the old blues. That being said, I kinda like the black shoes.

Archived