St Johns Redmen Vintage Jersey Question?

altune88

I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm an SJU alum (93) and sad to say, a huge Johnnies fan from an early age. I have a huge collection of vintage jersey (couple hundred). However, there is one jersey thats been eluding me. That is a late 70's SJU Redmen jersey. It was a sweet jersey that is probably my holy grail of jersey. They had a indian tribe lookin stripe on each side M question is if anyone can get me a clear picture of the jersey they wore back then because for the life of me, cant find 1. If there happens to be an SJU alum that can get their hands on a pic, that would be great. I dont care how much it cost me but I wanna have that custom made.

Thanks

I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm an SJU alum (93) and sad to say, a huge Johnnies fan from an early age. I have a huge collection of vintage jersey (couple hundred). However, there is one jersey thats been eluding me. That is a late 70's SJU Redmen jersey. It was a sweet jersey that is probably my holy grail of jersey. They had a indian tribe lookin stripe on each side M question is if anyone can get me a clear picture of the jersey they wore back then because for the life of me, cant find 1. If there happens to be an SJU alum that can get their hands on a pic, that would be great. I dont care how much it cost me but I wanna have that custom made.

Thanks

Don't have a picture but just an idea (which you have probably already thought of but I figured I'd mention it just in case). Since they are celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the basketball program this may be the best time to come across such a photo. Have you tried looking through the 100th Anniversary book they are selling? I've been a St. John's fan my entire life as well (parents both went there and I graduated from the law school a few years ago) so I hope you keep us posted on your search for such a photo and hopefully when you have the jersey made. Good luck!

mets.png

Thanks, I just actually ordered the 100th anny book from their website. Hopefully it has some pix.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks

Don't have a picture but just an idea (which you have probably already thought of but I figured I'd mention it just in case). Since they are celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the basketball program this may be the best time to come across such a photo. Have you tried looking through the 100th Anniversary book they are selling? I've been a St. John's fan my entire life as well (parents both went there and I graduated from the law school a few years ago) so I hope you keep us posted on your search for such a photo and hopefully when you have the jersey made. Good luck!

Archived