Milano Italo

BostonBlazer

Advanced apologizes if this post puts you to sleep or anything. But there is a lot I feel I need to explain here.

First, the title of this thread, 'Milano Italo', might be getting you to think "What the hell is that?" Well, I'm not sure I know how to explain this since, honestly, I'm a little new to Italo. But it must be explained nevertheless. I'll do my best.

In 1979, disco suffered a major backlash in the US. You may have heard a story about the "death of disco" where an anti-disco rally was held at a Chicago White Sox game. This backlash, however, did not affect the European disco scene. Instead, disco in Europe evolved into Italo (or Italo disco). Italo was meant to sound spacey and futuristic. But I still hear it as typical 80s dance music, not that that's a bad thing.

A few examples of Italo are:

Digital Emotion - "Go Go Yellow Screen"

Ken Laszlo - "Hey Hey Guy"

Sabrina - "Boys"

Proxyon - "Space Hopper"

Cyber People - "Doctor Faustu's"

Now on to the concept.

You'd probably ask me, "Why did you decide to create this concept?" This idea is a new one for me. I've gotten into Italo a few months ago after hearing a few of the tracks I've listed above. The idea for this concept came to my head last Friday when I was listening to some Italo off of an online radio station. My original idea was to have the note be the letter 'I' in 'ITALO', but thought it would look too much like a 'J'. So I flipped it backwards and made it an 'L' instead.

As for the color scheme, it may be obvious as to why I chose red, white, and green. But I'll explain anyway. I chose those colors because they are the colors for the flag of Italy. I could go with a different color scheme. But whenever I came across something Italo-related, like websites about Italo, album compilations, and such, I usually found the red, white, and green color scheme.

What about the city of Milano, Italy? Why did I choose that? As I said before, I'm still new to Italo, so I can't exactly tell where it originated or anything like that either than the fact Italy is involved (or at least seems to be with a name like 'Italo'). I just went with a random city in Italy and chose Milano. I feel it would make the most sense putting the team in Italy rather than, let's say, Denver. Would people in Denver get this concept when they first see it? I wouldn't think so. Even if they did, this concept still wouldn't fit into anything Denver-related.

Why did I choose 'Nasalization' and 'Terminator Two' as the fonts for this concept? I wanted something that would seem futuristic, but also a little 80s-ish, so I went with those two fonts.

That should clear everything up about this concept, except one thing...What kind of sport would a team called the Milano Italo play? I'm currently stuck on which sport to choose for this team. The Utah Jazz play basketball, the St. Louis Blues play hockey, the Philadelphia Soul played arena football, and the Toronto Rock play indoor lacrosse. What sport would the Italo play?

Anyway, here's the first logo variation:

MItalo.png

C+C is appreciated.

Archived