Fast and First Trivia VIII

WJMorris3

Time for another one of these games! You'll notice, no month is listed this time - this is because we realize that it's going to potentially take a little longer than a month to do this. Even so, time to see if Dennis wins his fourth, Jim wins his second, or if someone else takes this one. Rules are as follows:

We're going to run through 15 sports questions. Every question will have at least five valid answers. Your job is to PM me with one valid answer. (Only one answer given per question per person, please.) If you give a valid answer, and nobody has given that valid answer ahead of you, you score one to three points (depending on question level), plus a bonus point for the first valid answer I receive.

The trick, of course, is that you don't know which answers have already been given. Beware, as if you give an answer that was already given, or you give an invalid answer, you score zero points for the question.

Each question will last for 24 hours, with the deadline being 24 hours from the timestamp of each question post. Only answers timestamped before the deadline will be eligible to score points. Most points after 15 questions wins.

All questions will be asked in this thread. You may ask questions about my questions in this thread, but no guarantees that I will answer them. Researching answers is definitely acceptable, and is to some extent encouraged. Also, it is suggested not to post answers in this thread. While I will accept answers that appear in this thread, it makes it a lot easier for other people to know which answers have already been guessed.

First five questions are worth a point apiece, and the game starts now.

QUESTION #1

Name any country who entered at least one athlete in the 2010 Winter Olympics.

Answers are due on Saturday at 1:02 AM ET.

LvZYtbZ.png

Time is up. 82 possible answers, so with nine participants, we had a 63.4% chance of a clean first round. Answers given were:

HedleyLamarr (1:29 AM) - Estonia

NJTank (1:44 AM) - Brazil

sizemorematters (7:09 AM) - Montenegro

Saintsfan (1:06 PM) - Latvia

raysox (2:20 PM) - Algeria

MDC (4:35 PM) - Sweden

KevinMcD (4:55 PM) - South Korea

scoobytim (8:37 PM) - Nepal

Mindless (8:46 PM) - Senegal

So the score is...

HedleyLamarr - 2

NJTank - 1

sizemorematters - 1

Saintsfan - 1

raysox - 1

MDC - 1

KevinMcD - 1

scoobytim - 1

Mindless - 1

QUESTION #2

Name any school that participated in the 2009 NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Tournament.

Deadline is Sunday at 8:42 AM ET.

LvZYtbZ.png

Alright, with 64 answers possible, and 9 entries, we had a 55.5% chance of making it safely through the round without any dupes. You said:

HedleyLamarr (10:53 AM) - Georgia

NJTank (11:29 AM) - Rutgers

scoobytim (12:09 PM) - Liberty

MDC (1:27 PM) - DePaul

KevinMcD (2:32 PM) - Evansville

Drew22 (3:44 PM) - Middle Tennessee St.

Saintsfan (5:47 PM) - Notre Dame

Eye (12:02 AM) - Arizona St.

PurpleRush (2:47 AM) - Ball St.

No dupes again, and the score is:

HedleyLamarr - 4

KevinMcD - 2

MDC - 2

NJTank - 2

Saintsfan - 2

scoobytim - 2

Drew22 - 1

Eye - 1

Mindless - 1

PurpleRush - 1

raysox - 1

sizemorematters - 1

Remember, time waits for no man - late answers are no good.

QUESTION #3

Name any player with at least 1000 points in his National Hockey League career.

Deadline is Wednesday at 12:45 AM ET.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived