Newb Question

BanditQb4

I aplogize if this should be in the request forum, but here goes:

Do most of you guys scan in drawings first and then vectorize them or do a number of you do all of your work from scratch on your computer?

I just got myself an RX500 and just wanted to know if scanning will make it easier to create my work on the PC.

Thanks

Do most of you guys scan in drawings first and then vectorize them or do a number of you do all of your work from scratch on your computer?
My advice is to get an image, open it in Illustrator, and trace it with the pen tool and go from there. Search through some of the post here on the site, there are lots of pointers on vector images.

It basically comes down to recreating them in a vector program.......in other words....good ole-fashioned TRACING.

Don't worry about it, but I'd suggest reading the TFAQ thoroughly.

...and for the record, I've done both. If I get an inspiration when I'm away from my computer, I usually draw it on paper, and scan/trace later. Often I get source pictures online and use them to assist in starting from scratch in AI. Rarely can I start from nothing and use the pen tool to flesh out an idea in my head.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived