Missouri River Otters To Change Colors

yh

Mike Shanahan, former CEO of the Kiel Center Partners (which owned the Blues prior to Bill Laurie's Paige Sports & Entertainment), has purchased the Missouri River Otters, a United Hockey League team that plays in the St. Louis suburban community of St. Charles, MO. In an open letter to the fans, Shanahan has stated that the team will be changing colors and also "enhancing" its logo. Frankly, I felt the colors (royal blue and dark green) and logo were perfect for the team.

This is the logo that the team intends to "enhance."

logo.gif

No information is available regarding what specific changes are to be made or what colors are being contemplated. I'm hoping that Shanahan will see the UHL for what it is - a dying league in predominately third-tier markets - and will consider a move to either the CHL or become a "bridge" franchise in the now-transcontinental ECHL.

I think adding the River Otters to the CHL would be awesome. Along with a few other UHL franchises.

I don't know why they need to change the colors. I guess it's an owner change thing. The Topeka Scarecrows went from Red, Yellow, Pewter, and Black to Red, Pewter, and Black when they went from the CHL to the USHL.

I like the Otters current colors and logo, but whatever. Hopefully they make it a good update unlike the Lubbock Cotton Kings crappy update.

Archived