Niagara Falls Stadium concept

aci

Alright, so I've been working on a Sketchup project for the last week or so. It's a minor league baseball stadium in Niagara Falls, Ontario, just blocks from one of the two main tourist districts. The space it would occupy is currently a boarded-up school, a couple parking lots, a couple very shabby businesses and

nine houses.

The field would be used for a Toronto Blue Jays farm team (Double-A), with the intention of the New Hampshire Fisher Cats moving to Triple-A to give the Jays farm teams that are closer to home. Let's be honest: Las Vegas is not a good place for a Toronto affiliate.

Anyways, onto the details: the field would seat approximately 9,000 fans, has a wrap-around concourse, a second deck and 59 boxes that each would seat 12 fans. There is a triple-decked restaurant in right field that would be open year round (the decks being sealable for the winter months), with a terraced picnic area between the restaurant and the right field wall.

The field is sunk well below street level, allowing fans to access the main concourse without ascending any stairs. The primary entrances are in the left field corner and through the right-field restaurant. The service entrance along the first base side would provide a private entrance for team personnel and players, and also lead to private parking located under the stands, for VIPs and employees only.

The bullpens are located in left-centre (home team) and right-centre (away team) fields.

Measurements

Right field: 345'

Right centre: 360-372'

Centre: 395'

Left centre: 360-372'

Left: 345'

Top View:

i4rfr4.png

From Centre Field:

59zi38.png

First Base Side Exterior:

iddp2g.png

First Base Side Interior:

mwtk46.png

Left Field Entrance:

14x0ze9.png

Pressbox View:

2hod45s.png

I still have some detail work to do (signage, etc), but I wanted to get peoples' opinions with the primary concept before I added the smaller stuff.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived