Western New Mexico University concept

Raymie

If you have followed the main board lately, I posted about little Western New Mexico University (mascot: Mustangs, colors: purple and metallic gold) in Silver City, New Mexico. The university's shameless use of Algerian and clipart attracted my attention.

While I have no Illustrator skill to, say, make a horse primary logo, I DID do this for a secondary. I would LOVE help to make a primary. Comments and critique needed. This is my first ever concept here!

wnmusecondarylogos.png

I'm definitely liking the way the second one looks more. The black line around the entire logo is a bit unnecessary on that one, but on both, if you want to use it, make sure it goes around the entire star as well. It makes the white outline on the left logo look unbalanced. I would say for simplification's sake, ditch the white (at least for the left logo). I think it would look sharper if the outline and fill of both the state and star matched.

This is a pretty sharp alternate, though. Simple and effective. If you're still not sure on a primary logo, you can definitely use this as a jumping-off point to start putting a word mark together.

Archived