Get well Monsieur Béliveau...

Le Québécois

Les Canadiens announced Tuesday that Hockey Hall of Famer Jean Béliveau suffered a stroke Monday night and was admitted to hospital.

The 80-year-old is undergoing treatment, the team announced. For the duration of his convalescence, Béliveau has asked that everyone respect his privacy and that of his family. Béliveau suffered a stroke in January 2010, and that wasn't his first brush with severe health issues. He has dealt with cardiac problems for decades and underwent 35 chemotherapy treatments for a malignant throat tumour in 2000. His cancer has been in remission for years.

Personnaly, I met the man two years ago... A classy gentleman, he signed a Canadiens polo shirt for me. Interesting fact, after I looked at the signature, I told him that it was great that I could actually read his name, that he didin't have to write down his number so we knew who signed... And he told me with his peaceful low voice: "You know, if you respect me enough to ask me my autograph, I must show you the same respect by making it readable" And then he told me something I'll never forget: "A few years ago, a young player told me that he didn't like signing autographs for the fans, I told him; young man, there will come a day when nobody will ask you an autograph. That day, you'll miss the days when you signed them"....

This is Mr. Béliveau... Wisdom, always saying the right thing the right way with his legendary class... In french, we say he's a Monsieur (with a capital M)

Get well Monsieur Béliveau...

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Archived