NFL uniform match-up I'm most looking forward to in 2012

gladsadmad

I understand that the 49ers had a history using black as well as drop shadows, but I don't think that was a reason to bring them back, Kinda like the Bills' previous garbage, where they shoehorned nickle in on the basis of "we wore it, like, 40 years ago." The White Sox have worn navy, royal blue, burgundy and cherry red in their history, but if they wanted to throw any of them them in the current set, or even take inspiration from some of the crap they had worn in the '70s and '80s, it would be a bad idea. My biggest beef with that Niners set is, IF they had to add black, darkening the red was a really bad choice. It took a bright, bold color scheme and made it dreary. That was only made worse by eliminating white from the stripes on the pants and helmets. Cherry and gold was unique to the 49ers in major sports. The updated color scheme made them look like Florida State, Boston College or half a dozen other teams.

As for the logo, I'm sure the genius who came up with the sleeve stripe placement probably thought it looked "fiercer" or some crap like that.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived