Superleague USA--Take 2

Whittier S

Two or three months ago, when I joined this site, I had started a thread for a 50-team American soccer superleague. Then I started having major computer issues, it was basically dying, it lost Internet capacity and Inkscape was just a mess on it. I finally got my hands on a brand-new computer, and have just installed Inkscape, so now I'm going to get to work on this series in earnest. Previously I had been working out the locations and names for my teams, and a few of you were most helpful in this regard (thanks again!) I'm going to post here the full list of teams, in alphabetical order.

I've also made a couple of decisions along the way. One was corporate sponsorship. Now, in my ideal world, there would be no need for it, but for one, it makes for more realistic soccer concepts, and for two, pulling in a company with a strong local identity helps the team feel more local. I came up with corporate sponsors for all but four teams--I just couldn't find any options I liked for Omaha, Portland, Las Vegas, and Providence, so they will simply go without sponsors. One thing I'm going to with my sponsor logos is to do them how the did them in the first few years of the MLS and put them on the *back*, underneath the number. I know that's not a common, or perhaps well-liked or realistic, placement, but I always thought it gave a cleaner presentation, and it at least has some precedent.

The other decision that I made is that 10 of the 50 teams will have sister clubs. Some of the choices are motivated by the presence of different ethnic groups in the respective cities, and the other choices I made I hope will be obvious.

I will offer one more caveat--I will likely be starting another series whilst I work on this one. I know that folks starting multiple series without finishing them is kind of considered anathema around here, BUT I know how I work, that I will be more likely to finish two series than to finish just one, since when I get bored with one, I can move to the other, and bounce back and forth between the two until I've finished both. I've also intended the Superleague USA series to be a very long-term project, over the course of a year or two. I've always wanted to do a series like this one, and I want to get it *right*, so I'm going to take my time with it. If you see me try to start a third series, call me on it, I'm not going to do three series at once. (This does not count my helping philsfan put his concepts into vector form, as that will not require my creative efforts, and his series are not mine.)

So, here is the list, in alphabetical order. This master list will ultimately have links to all the concepts. I'm going to start slowly on it, as I will be out of town for a couple of weeks over the summer, on top of working my way through a tough class, but hopefully I can pick things up over the course of the year.

Thank you all, I'm looking forward to working on this.

Peace

Whittier

CD Albuquerque Rams

Atlanta Groove

Austin Academics FC

FC Baltimore City

Birmingham Magic FC

Boston Gaels FC

Buffalo Electric SC

Charlotte Gems FC

Chicago Chill

Cincinnati Flyers