The MLB Style Guide/Video Games

hormone

I've been trying to get to the bottom of uniform errors in MLB The Show. There are basically two camps. One camp lists the errors and is confused why. The other camp says the game is handcuffed by the MLB style guide, it's not updated, blah, blah, blah...

I'm not here to list uniform errors (but I will help if someone wants to do that topic). I'm not here to complain about Sony's lack of uniforms (wish they'd fix those slots) I just want some answers to those who have access to the guide.

For instance, in the game, the Rays fauxback has an all light blue cap, navy brim. I find it hard to believe that it's like that in the style guide. There are two Cubs alt blues and one has a front number under the logo. Again, I find it for video game error. Some team's throwbacks use their current font. I doubt old uniforms no longer worn are in the guide, so shouldn't they be correct from an older guide?

Can anyone (preferred if you play the Show video game) that has access to the style guide prove that some of these are video game errors or is the style guide that wrong?

Thanks

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived