New Hockey Template

JCRGraphix

I've really gotten into creating player templates recently. I've created ones for football and rugby, so I decided to do one for hockey as well. This one will be very customizable!

GIMP

Photoshop

Here are some of the features in this template:

-Editable jersey, pants, helmet, gloves, socks, skates, stick, and even base layers.

-Male or female player model.

-Options for smaller (women's or retro fit) or larger (modern) fit jerseys.

-Options for modern or JOFA helmet with an option for a customizable cage.

-Different hair and facial hair choices.

Here are some examples of these features:

jerseys2.pngheads.png

...and here is my template used for the current HJC competition...

cwhlredesign.png

I also added a third jersey and fixed up the base layer although that is not part of the competition and won't be included.

jerseys.png

baselayer.png

The template will be available as soon as I am finished tweaking a couple more things...

My frig....These are fantastic!!

I love the hockey hair options...beauty!!

I gotta ask though...are these intended to be a bit of a caricature? If so...they're great.

If they're meant to be realistic...they're still great, but the head needs to be smaller.

Maybe it doesn't matter... They are what they are, and they are unique and a lot of fun.

Great job!

I gotta ask though...are these intended to be a bit of a caricature? If so...they're great.

If they're meant to be realistic...the head needs to be smaller.

Maybe it doesn't matter: They are what they are... and they are unique and a lot of fun.

Great job!

They're meant to be somewhere in between cartoonish and real life... Basically, a blank canvas for designs, you know?

If they're meant to be realistic...the head needs to be smaller.

Maybe it doesn't matter: They are what they are... and they are unique and a lot of fun.

Great job!

They're meant to be somewhere in between cartoonish and real life... Basically, a blank canvas for designs, you know?

Excellent! These are going to be fun!

I've really gotten into creating player templates recently. I've created ones for football and rugby, so I decided to do one for hockey as well. This one will be very customizable!

GIMP

PHOTOSHOP

-Editable jersey, pants, helmet, gloves, socks, skates, stick, and even base layers.

[...]

The template will be available as soon as I am finished tweaking a couple more things...

I just downloaded the .psd version and nothing is editable. You don't have different layers for different fits of jerseys, helmets, hair & facial hair, or female model. In addition, the uniform parts are really that editable. For example, the gloves are all on one layer, so if I do a color overlay it loses all texture. The same thing happens with the other uniform parts.

I'm not frustrated by this, but I thought that you would want to know since it isn't what you had said it would be.

award%20sig.png

GIMP

PHOTOSHOP

[...]

I just downloaded the .psd version and nothing is editable. You don't have different layers for different fits of jerseys, helmets, hair & facial hair, or female model. In addition, the uniform parts are really that editable. For example, the gloves are all on one layer, so if I do a color overlay it loses all texture. The same thing happens with the other uniform parts.

I'm not frustrated by this, but I thought that you would want to know since it isn't what you had said it would be.

Good to know. It must not have exported properly from GIMP. I'm working on a fix right now.

I just fixed the problem and uploaded version 2.0...

Version 2.0 is wider and includes goalie layers as well as some other small changes.

New features:

- Photoshop compatibility problem fixed

- Stick textures added (carbon fiber, wood, fiberglass)

- Option for black eye added

- Goalie layers added (Mike Liut mask, Pelle Lindbergh mask, modern mask, plus you can use the standard helmet combo)

I'll continue to post updates and add-ons!

Version 2.0 (download link in OP updated as well)

Photoshop

GIMP

Untitled.png

Feel free to comment with new features you'd like to see!

Archived