Getting paid for templates

Darth Brooks

Right now there is a massive dust up over paid mods for Skyrim. It's opened up a number of issues that people otherwise ignored, like when objects from one game are imported into another, mods being "borrowed", renamed and put up for sale by people other than the original maker and "essential" mods being crippled in the "free" version. It's created a backlash against Bethsaida and Valve, two companies that, before this, had handled the modding community really well.

It's started a "Forever Free" movement and while I'm not going to brand the stuff I've done with a Forever Free watermark, I agree with the ideals.
The stuff I've done is available and free for anyone who wants to use them.

http://darth-brooks.deviantart.com/gallery/35733703/Photoshops

Go get it if you want it.

Personally, I believe that, unless you are going to be selling your concepts to somebody, the templates you use should be free as they are usually used for fun or to practice designing skills in the sports world. Darth, your templates (specifically the basketball court and the helmets) in addition to others have helped me do so not just in Photoshop (which I am still a newbie), but in Paint, Illustrator, etc. With that I thank you and everyone else who has made these fantastic templates.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived