Hoopladawg87

NBA x NIKE (SACRAMENTO KINGS FAUX-BACKS added 6/19)

107 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

Here is a concept I have been struggling with for a while. The original inspiration came from flipping through Emmanuel Georges' America Rewind - an awesome collection of modern photography from all over America with an emphasis on the south and west - and stumbling upon a shot of the Texan Theatre in Kilgore, Texas. I love the design of the star, and the Dallas Mavericks just felt like the logical choice in terms of incorporating it into a design....it only made more sense once I discovered the theatre is just east of Dallas as well as the fact that the inner star also appears on the city's official seal.

The obscure significance of the inspiration behind this design made it more fitting for an alternate, plus I already had a couple ideas in mind for home and away primaries. Taking that into consideration, I thought it would be fun to step outside the box and resurrect their disastrous silver alternates from the early 2000s. The issues I have with those uniforms, and therefore that I tried to rectify, include: 1) the shade of gray was too dark; 2) the side panels and trim lacked sufficient contrast; and 3) the 'MAVERICKS' wordmark was too long and therefore too small proportionally.

This uniform contains a lighter shade of silver, complete with similar side panels and trim that now include white piping for the sake of contrast, and an entirely different design for the wordmark, numerals, etc. As an alternate and/or pride jersey, the wordmark now reads 'DALLAS' -- in a vertical fashion alluding to the Texan Theatre's sign prior to the fire that shut it down in 1942. This wordmark is placed over the sublimated silhouette of Texas and aligned with respect to the numerals opposite it as well as the star signifying Dallas's location.

Please let me know your thoughts -- good, bad, or indifferent....thanks!

Dallas Mavericks Alternate Uniforms

tfnQX0V.jpg

67179643.jpg

Original,outof the box and executed well.

2 people like this

As a mavs fan I don't like it at all, looks like a fashion jersey, that said I think it would grow on me eventually 

23 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

67179643.jpg

Original,outof the box and executed well.

Ha! Thanks, Shado!

5 hours ago, Maximus89 said:

These are all fantastic!

Thanks a lot!

3 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

As a mavs fan I don't like it at all, looks like a fashion jersey, that said I think it would grow on me eventually 

I completely agree that it looks much more like a fashion jersey than a typical alternate. I was looking at some of the Nike Rewind jerseys from the early 2000s the other day, so that might have subconsciously influenced me a bit!

Here is a random idea I put together for the Kings. While trying to strike the right balance for the vertical wordmark on the Mavericks jerseys, I explored the world of asymmetrical striping and dug up the Kings' gold alternates from the mid- to late-2000s as well as the old Miami Floridians throwbacks and current Washington Bullets throwbacks. I also had the silver gradient left over on my template, so that found its way into things as well.

The Kings current set is slowly growing on me, thought it is still conservative if not boring. These are more faux-back jerseys and not intended as primary home or away jerseys, but hopefully I will come up with something for those eventually.

The Kings' new colors, fonts, and logos are all retained, with the layout of their current uniforms being rearranged and condensed into a singular graphic with the numerals appearing above the wordmark and under the crown. The asymmetrical side striping from the aforementioned gold alternates has been converted into the asymmetrical vertical striping from some of the other aforementioned uniforms, and (somewhat) matching collar and armhole trim completes the look.

Sacramento Kings Faux-back Uniforms (White)

YhCs1el.jpg

Sacramento Kings Faux-back Uniforms (Gold)

6y9QNGf.jpg

Thanks for looking!

5 people like this

Now that I like better than these gold ones

IMG_9177.JPG

18 hours ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

Here is a random idea I put together for the Kings. While trying to strike the right balance for the vertical wordmark on the Mavericks jerseys, I explored the world of asymmetrical striping and dug up the Kings' gold alternates from the mid- to late-2000s as well as the old Miami Floridians throwbacks and current Washington Bullets throwbacks. I also had the silver gradient left over on my template, so that found its way into things as well.

The Kings current set is slowly growing on me, thought it is still conservative if not boring. These are more faux-back jerseys and not intended as primary home or away jerseys, but hopefully I will come up with something for those eventually.

The Kings' new colors, fonts, and logos are all retained, with the layout of their current uniforms being rearranged and condensed into a singular graphic with the numerals appearing above the wordmark and under the crown. The asymmetrical side striping from the aforementioned gold alternates has been converted into the asymmetrical vertical striping from some of the other aforementioned uniforms, and (somewhat) matching collar and armhole trim completes the look.

Sacramento Kings Faux-back Uniforms (White)

YhCs1el.jpg

Sacramento Kings Faux-back Uniforms (Gold)

6y9QNGf.jpg

Thanks for looking!

First one looks great!  Second one's racing stripe overlapping the neck trim looks weird.  Plus it looks like it might be a Lakers alternate.