New houston rockets logo/uniforms?

crajee

As an avid Rockets fan, I'm wanna vomit everytime I see our current unis.  It's known that the Rockets are changing their uniforms for the 2003-04 season.  I apologize if anyone's posted this before, but does anyone have any idea what they look like?

I've heard nasty rumors about the uniforms having a GIANT R on the front and "Houston" on the back instead of the players last name.  The last name is placed below HOUSTON.  Their rumored to be deep red and silver.  Anyone know anything?

Thanks!

chris (new guy)

Rockets not much info here that is new to you guys. The colors will be crimson and silver and will use dryfit as the fabric for the uni's, as has been said before. Red and silver was picked because it is not being used currently and allows the franchise to preserve a link with its sister team, the Comets in that both franchises will have red and silver in there colors. Only difference between them is that the Comets will still have Blue. The Comets will NOT change there logo and uniforms when they arrive in the new arena because of the history they already have in them. The Rockets new logo is essentially finished. All this talk of the Rocks not making it before the NBA deadline for new uni's to be submitted is "HORSE$HIT" Eiko Ishioka provided the Rocks with 6 design templates to choose from. The one picked did feature a symbol of some sort in the place of the team's name like U of Miami's, Michigan's uni's. The league however wants the team to have an identity on there jersey's being that they will have a fairly large international profile with Yao Ming in one of them. That is why it was declined. You should NOT be worried about them looking tacky or worst than the "PJ's." One league official with NBAPA described all six of the templates as "tough to pick which one to go with cause they are all way cool." This is the main reason for the hold-up. So you guys need not worry. Besides, Eiko is an award winning designer, not some blind homeless person they picked up off the street to design our new threads.

I would guess that the Rockets would more than likely include at least one more color in addition to "Crimson" and "Silver".  I wonder what it would be?  Keep the "Midnight Blue"?  How about the "Mercury Blue"?  That Mercury Blue is one nice (and unique in all sports) color.  I never liked their current logo and uniforms, but I like that color.

Here is a guess to their colors - including the retention of the Mercury Blue:

HOUSTON ROCKETS CRIMSON

HOUSTON ROCKETS METALLIC SILVER

HOUSTON ROCKETS MERCURY BLUE

I like 'em myself.

i'm personally excited about the red and silver.

clutchcity.net has a great fanforum where rumors abound as to the status of the new unis.

could this coincide with rumors that coca-cola is interested in the naming rights to the stadium? it's gonna be interesting in a couple of months in houston...

Archived