Atlanta Hawks Concept

patsox

1. Alt. logo with 1 hawk. The other one looks like a 2-headed lab mutant.

2. The uniforms... I kinda like 'em! The unbalanced vertical striping on the home whites is good (although Pistons-based), I like the numbers, and the names beneath the numbers is a good switch.

Some questions, though...

- one uniform has vertical stripes, the other has horizontal. A little more uniformity would be nice.

- all of the striping elements on the road jersey are toward the waistband. These jerseys are going to have to be tucked in. Is this going to throw off the design?

- is there a reason the wordmark is so compressed on the left side of the words? There are no design elements that require that the lettering be compressed, and the stripes are flat horizontal, not curved. It looks mismatched.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I don't like them, and it's mostly because you have a lot of clarity mistakes. For one, the slight curvature of the letters make the word "Atlanta" on the road unis look like a printing run. The stripes are different, and the names on the bottom is a nice tribute to their uniforms of old, but you should at least add a red and yellow stripe to the bottom of the home unis to keep the style consistent. Same with the striping on the sides of the road uniforms - you've gotta add something there. The name font is different, and that I like. One final pinpoint - your Hawk alternate is on the left leg of the shorts in the front view, but on the right leg on the back view. Plus, the words are reflected - to do it properly, put the "At" on one leg on the back view and "tl" on the other leg on the front view.

Decent concept, and it could look a lot better with a bit of extra work. I feel this might be too harsh - I didn't intend it as such - but rather some friendly criticism, so don't take it too negatively.

Archived