College fantasy football

IowaFan26

O.K. This probably belongs in the "Other Sports", but I don't know how many people check that specific board. So I'm gonna put it in this one.

Anyway, I have an idea for a College Fantasy Football League.

Like the FCA (Fantasy College Association).

Since their is only like 117 eligible players (minimum) for each position in college football, we can obviously have a lot more owners. Plus it can be a big time changeup to our pro fantasy leagues.

So I was thinking that we could have like 50 "Athletic Directors" or "School Presidents" each in charge of their college team. And split those 50 teams into five, 10 team conferences or extend it to 56 teams have seven, eight team conferences.

There are approximatly like 14 true weeks to the college football season, so you'd play all your in-conference teams once plus a few out-of conference teams and then we could have our own system of rankings to produce bowl games for week 14.

More details can be thought of, obviously it's too late for this season, but if we start thinking about it now, we can be ready for next season well in advance.

So I'm wondering if anyone would be interested. I'd be willing to be overall commissioner of the league, but for every conference we would have a commisioner for them as well to keep track of stats and standings.

sig09.jpg

Interesting concept - I think it's going to be an extremely huge task to tackle, no pun intended so there will have to be a reliable network of "conference commissioners". I have a proposal; see what you think.

Limit the league to 32 players. Of those 32 players 10 will be conference commissioners. I will explain -- Player pools will be divided into ten conferences (you can only draft players out of that conference or group of conferences). Who gets to draft out of which conference pools can be decided by drawing or first come first served - whatever everyone agrees on.

Working on the assumption that the ACC picks up Miami and V Tech next year the conference pools will be as follows (with the number of players drafting out of that conference in parentheses):

ACC (4)

Big 10 (4)

Big XII (4)

SEC (4)

Combo. of Big East and Mountain West (4)

Pac 10 (4)

WAC (2)

MAC (2)

CUSA (2)

Combo of Sun Belt and 1A Independents (2)

Obviously these numbers can be adjusted - perhaps we weigh it more based upon the number of bowl teams each conference produces. Each conference commissioner will be responsible for the draft for his conference - setting a date, time, format, etc. He will also be responsible for gathering and certifying the stats for the week and reporting the scores to the overall league commissioner (and I am openly lobbying for the spot - I won't play so as to maintain absolute impartiality and I will be glad to administer). The conferences will be grouped into 8 team regions for purposes of scheduling. Teams will play 7 regional games and 3 nonregional games. This way we have time for "postseason" bowls prior to the end of the actual college football season.

At the end of the year, each regional champion gets an automatic bowl bid. There will also be an additional 8 at-large teams selected (by the overall commissioner) to play in bowl games. The Fantasy BCS committee (the overall commissioner) will select the top two bowl eligible teams to play in the National Championship game.

This is going to be a lot of work, but the work can be cut up and distributed among the conference commissioners and then the overall commissioner will piece it together each week. Again, I don't mind not playing and would be glad to be the commissioner if there are enough interested parties.

Well, I was thinking I could handle overall commissioner duties, but wouldn't be in charge of scoring, just the overall handling of the league and running a website.

But we'd need a commissioner for each conference.

I'm not sure if I'm all for your idea, but it's something we could submit to a league if we get enough support.

sig09.jpg

Ok ill admit i didnt read any of that, but i want in.  

im gonna design the talahasse (spellcheck) franchise for gilbert, anyone else need help, holla.

ps.  i dont think we need to worry about it for a while, but just lettin the people know.

Archived