My first concept

wkaake

im a utep basketball fan. they just debuted new uniforms that addidas did for them. Here they are : http://utepathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/103110aaa.html# to me, they are some of the oddest looking uniforms i have ever seen, and easily the worst we have ever had.

IMO we used to have some of the best unis in college basketball back in 03-04.

03-04

207899710.jpg

Texas Western

Hill1966.10.26.05.jpg

but now with tim floyd as our head coach, we return to the days of coach don haskins and his coaching style, and floyd was an assistant under haskins for many years. I think we should bring back our retro Texas Western threads, but modernize it a little bit and replace Texas Western with UTEP Miners

Heres 1 of 3 concept jerseys that i will post. First is our identity uniform, aka our orange unis. These are the unis we should be known for. We won the national title in orange... all be it burnt orange.

uteporange.jpg

Any suggestions on what i should add to capture both of these uniforms? i wanted to start off with something simple, and get some critiques to improve the orange and then ill focus on the home whites and the alternate blues.

Any suggestions on what i should add to capture both of these uniforms?

Everything. You didn't use their actual font. The all-white text is extremely bland. There is no striping or anything that makes this unique. This needs serious work.

what font would you suggest?

I have no clue. This is a question for someone who actually does concepts...I just help people make them better (and the occasional TeamBuilder concept, but they only have 3 font choices...).

Or if you could find the font they currently use...

25yzwqg.png

well el paso is known for its western history. i will have to look through fonts that are both western and do not look exactly like the cowboys. i loved the font they had on their 03-04 uniform, but i dont know what can match it?

Everything. You didn't use their actual font. The all-white text is extremely bland. There is no striping or anything that makes this unique. This needs serious work.

I wouldn't go that far. I actually like the simplicity of these in an era of excessive striping and piping, and the striped collar and sleeve cuffs does make these stand out. I would agree on changing the font and outlining the numbers and wordmark though, and I would move the UTEP logo from the back to the sides of the shorts.

I wouldn't go that far. I actually like the simplicity of these in an era of excessive striping and piping, and the striped collar and sleeve cuffs does make these stand out. I would agree on changing the font and outlining the numbers and wordmark though, and I would move the UTEP logo from the back to the sides of the shorts.

my goal was to capture the texas western cuffs and collars. but i did what you suggested

Archived