Black Devils (HELP?)

Wreck Em

I hope this is the right place to post this. I have made a flag football team, and we have come up with the nickname "Black Devils". Now, I consider myself to be a good artist, but for some reason, Ive hit an artist block with this one. I want to include at least the devils head if not the torso, and a pitch fork. Im not asking someone to draw it for me, because I really want to do it. Our colors are black and orange. But could I please get some suggestions on maybe how it could look. Just the layout. I'll post it once Ive drawn it. I already have a wordmark. Thanks.

Few ideas:

-Angle the pitchforks more so that the bottom isn't touching the fork on each side.

-give the forks some depth...a shine or something...right now you have a 3D face and flat forks.

-the detail is inconsistent....really detailed face with lplenty of contrast and no detail on the hair parts. Just because ots black doesn't mean light doesn't still hit it. Just try to balance that.

-something off on the mouth. Almost looks like he's being fishhooked. I'd move the upper left part more left and the lower left part more right.

You have a great start. Great color scheme and your eyes are top notch! I really hope you incorporate the pitchfork shape in to your word mark as its kind of a "B". Great job!

Archived