Olympique de Marseille

MrAsterisk

Hi everyone. I'm back again with another addition to my endless pseudo-series of soccer concepts. Here are the previous ones:

Algeria (CAF)

Scotland (UEFA)

Chicago Fire (MLS)

Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS)

Newcastle United (Premiership)

This time, it's Olympique de Marseille, France's best-supported club, which has, over the years, been home to players like Eric Cantona, Didier Drogba, and Robert Pires. Today, they're awaiting the final of the Coupe de France and are fighting for a Champions League spot in Ligue 1. Here's the concept:

OMFinal.jpgOMFinal2.jpg

L'OM's home kit has long been based on the city's flag, a blue cross on white, and their kit manufacturer has long been Adidas, even before the club's purchase by Adidas executive Robert Louis-Dreyfus (Elaine's cousin). Those things stay the same, but in this home kit, modeled by team talisman Franck Ribery, this year's modernization has been rolled back to a design similar to that of two years ago. There is some subtle gold trim at the top and bottom of the vertical portion of the cross.

The change strip is worn by striker Djibril Cisse, currently on loan from another of my most favored clubs, Liverpool. It is light blue with a flag-based insert near the collar. The thick white stand-up collar is trimmed by gold, as is the hem of the shorts.

The third kit is modeled by my favorite Marseillais, the young Samir Nasri. Marseille's third kit has often been a very dark color, usually black or blue. This third kit is dark blue with only white trim (no gold or light blue at all).

Finally, the goalkeeper Cedric Carasso wears a simple red kit with a centered team crest.

C&C greatly appreciated!

The only gripe I have is that you can't really see the sponsor on the home shirt, but other than that this is great. Another great concept man! Bravo!

EDIT: Come to think of it I can't see it on the light blue shirt either.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived