Anaheim Ducks alternate

wildwing64

Although there's been pretty much nothing going around about the Ducks revealing a third jersey for next season, I thought I'd try putting one together myself.

ducksaltedge.png

From what I've read in the past (can't remember exactly where), the Samuelis have stated that they would like the Ducks to have an orange jersey as an alt. I just can't picture that in my head, so the jersey is mainly black. However, there is much more emphasis on orange as a secondary colour.

The striping is based on the third jersey the Ducks had between 2003-06, and a shoulder yoke was added because I felt this jersey was too bland without it. The primary logo is the D, and the shoulder logo is made up of an 'A' and 'D' from the team's wordmark.

Any C&C is appreciated.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

There's something off to me about this concept, and I don't exactly know why. I think that you have something that's trying to be both traditional and modern, and it's not quite mixing right.

There are a couple options, though. I would probably re-think the striping and yoke that you have. Your concept, in my opinion, needs a slightly more daring striping pattern. From a general aesthetic stand-point, it looks perfectly okay as is. However, I don't think that the more traditional yoke and arm-banding give off the look that will propel your design from "good" to "really good".

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived