NCAA Basketball Court Concepts (All Teams and Conferences DONE)

mgdmhl

3 hours ago, Briton93 said:

I appreciate that you kept Duke's hardwood floor traditional. 

One point of feedback: the court has had a "Coach K Court" emblem for 11 or so years. It's located at the away coaches' box, with another copy placed kitty corner, just across mid-court (near where the Crazies sit).

good work overall. 

I've said it many times, I'm not putting arena/court names on the team/school courts.

JeKhnr9.png

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conference Tournament Courts (4/4)

SEC

Spoiler

Located in Atlanta, GA at Philips Arena.

SEC Court.png

Southern

Spoiler

Located in Charleston, SC at TD Arena.

Southern Court.png

Southland

Spoiler

Located in Dallas, TX at American Airlines Center.

Southland Court.png

Summit League

Spoiler

Located in Omaha, NE at CenturyLink Center.

Summit Court.png

Sun Belt

Spoiler

Located in New Orleans at Smoothie King Center.

Sun Belt Court.png

SWAC

Spoiler

Located in Little Rock, AR at Verizon Arena.

SWAC Court.png

WAC

Spoiler

Switches locations between Phoenix, AZ at Talking Stick Resort Arena and Seattle, WA at Key Arena.

WAC Court.png

WAC Court1.png

WCC

Spoiler

Located in San Francisco, CA at Chase Center (new Warriors arena).

WCC Court.png

JeKhnr9.png

20 hours ago, cjm3114jr said:

Will you be doing NCAA tournament courts?

No, the NCAA did a good job updating their courts this last year and because the locations change so often it would be too difficult to make each court unique.

JeKhnr9.png

4 hours ago, rsaline said:

The center court logo on your Horizon League design is no longer used by the league. They have attempted to brand the tournament as the Motor City Madness, so you could use that logo.

Learn to read...

On 6/14/2016 at 10:30 PM, mgdmhl said:

I didn't include any tournament logos because I'm not good at making logos and I didn't want make logos for each tournament. I also didn't want to go back and use last year's logos because that would just look weird with the wrong year and possibly wrong location. 

JeKhnr9.png

9 hours ago, Briton93 said:

You have engagement with people who are trying to help. Don't spoil it by being rude. Your work is good.

Pay attention then. You're not helping if you don't read the descriptions/comments first.

JeKhnr9.png

Well, this wasn't my fight, but it can be now.

Stop being rude to people who are trying to either help or give feedback. Posting 100 courts isn't necessarily what will build your reputation if you opt to act rudely every time someone posts a suggestion without having read through every post. If you don't want to make a change, ignore it. If you don't want to ignore, be pleasant. The world has enough jerks in it. We don't need that kind of behavior on this board. It is defensive and unproductive. I'd rather skip on a post with potentially great work if I have to scroll through posts like you've made to board members who are being constructive. 

18 hours ago, mgdmhl said:

Learn to read...

Seriously, dude? I'm just trying to help. You could simply say, "Wow rsaline, thanks for pointing out that I'm using the wrong logo. I know the league uses it's own tournament logo, but I think that looks silly [which I would agree with] so I will just use the new league logo." 

But I guess if you're just trying to save time and characters, "Learn to read..." is a great way to do it.

6 hours ago, Briton93 said:

Well, this wasn't my fight, but it can be now.

Stop being rude to people who are trying to either help or give feedback. Posting 100 courts isn't necessarily what will build your reputation if you opt to act rudely every time someone posts a suggestion without having read through every post. If you don't want to make a change, ignore it. If you don't want to ignore, be pleasant. The world has enough jerks in it. We don't need that kind of behavior on this board. It is defensive and unproductive. I'd rather skip on a post with potentially great work if I have to scroll through posts like you've made to board members who are being constructive. 

So I've been rude for the last 20 pages of this thread each time someone makes a comment? It's also unproductive to make comments on something without knowing what your talking about. Go ahead a skip, it's not like you waited until the end to make any comments.

4 minutes ago, rsaline said:

Seriously, dude? I'm just trying to help. You could simply say, "Wow rsaline, thanks for pointing out that I'm using the wrong logo. I know the league uses it's own tournament logo, but I think that looks silly [which I would agree with] so I will just use the new league logo." 

But I guess if you're just trying to save time and characters, "Learn to read..." is a great way to do it.

So you want me to admit I'm using using the wrong when I purposely didn't use that logo? I've also never said their tournament logo looks silly. If I was better with logos I would have kept their tournament logo and replaced the "Joe Louis Arena" part with "Little Caesars Arena".

To both of you...

This is the problem with the concept section, often people skip just to see the pictures (without reading the descriptions) and then make comments. They don't realize that their comment was already addressed in the description with the image. I see this so often that sometimes they just need a obvious "slap in the face" to stop doing it. Now if you're not one of these people that continue to do this, I apologize, but I would rather have that person not commenting in my thread then having unnecessary comments.

JeKhnr9.png

3 minutes ago, mgdmhl said:

So I've been rude for the last 20 pages of this thread each time someone makes a comment? It's also unproductive to make comments on something without knowing what your talking about. Go ahead a skip, it's not like you waited until the end to make any comments.

So you want me to admit I'm using using the wrong when I purposely didn't use that logo? I've also never said their tournament logo looks silly. If I was better with logos I would have kept their tournament logo and replaced the "Joe Louis Arena" part with "Little Caesars Arena".

To both of you...

This is the problem with the concept section, often people skip just to see the pictures (without reading the descriptions) and then make comments. They don't realize that their comment was already addressed in the description with the image. I see this so often that sometimes they just need a obvious "slap in the face" to stop doing it. Now if you're not one of these people that continue to do this, I apologize, but I would rather have that person not commenting in my thread then having unnecessary comments.

Thanks for slapping me in the face, then. I will make sure I read your comments next time before posting.

2 minutes ago, mgdmhl said:

I see this so often that sometimes they just need a obvious "slap in the face" to stop doing it.

There were many ridiculous statements made. This was my favorite.

How dare we suggest a logo or a court name when you said you weren't accepting C&C? Oh, wait, you didn't specify either:

"A few things you might notice...

• I am a fan of two-tone courts when used by the right team (I wouldn't have two-tones with traditional schools like Indiana, Duke, UCLA, etc.).
  • The more unique logos the school has the more I tried to incorporate them into the court.
  • Once in a while I might use a logo in a way it wasn't intended (ex. Marquette eagle logo used on court).
  • Some of the conference logos might be a year or 2 out of date (A-10, ACC, Big 12).
  • I didn't include websites, twitter handles, hashtags, etc. (except for one;TCU) on the out-of-bounds area.
  • I probably only looked up 10% of the team's current court so some might be very similar to their current court on accident."

You spend a year working on this, and then act that people couldn't possibly have anything to say except "Wow, you're work is dope."

#everyboardneedsakanye

There were many ridiculous statements made. This was my favorite.

How dare we suggest a logo or a court name when you said you weren't accepting C&C? Oh, wait, you didn't specify either:

"A few things you might notice...

• I am a fan of two-tone courts when used by the right team (I wouldn't have two-tones with traditional schools like Indiana, Duke, UCLA, etc.).
  • The more unique logos the school has the more I tried to incorporate them into the court.
  • Once in a while I might use a logo in a way it wasn't intended (ex. Marquette eagle logo used on court).
  • Some of the conference logos might be a year or 2 out of date (A-10, ACC, Big 12).
  • I didn't include websites, twitter handles, hashtags, etc. (except for one;TCU) on the out-of-bounds area.
  • I probably only looked up 10% of the team's current court so some might be very similar to their current court on accident."

You spend a year working on this, and then act that people couldn't possibly have anything to say except "Wow, you're work is dope."

#everyboardneedsakanye

"Beatings will continue until morale improves."

?

What the hell are you talking about? If you're going to make a comment at least make it make sense.

Those bullet points were posted for very specific reasons. First, I didn't want people saying whether or not their team should have a two-tone court or not for the entire thread. Second and third points, self explanatory. Forth point, I knew people would say that some of the conference logos were out of date so I was just letting them know that I knew that already. Fifth and sixth points, self explanatory. Basically the reasoning for those points is that don't post obvious information that I already know.

The logo and court name things were address in the thread before either of you made your comments. They just weren't in the OP. 

If you actually went through the entire thread you would see that I asked for C&C, instead of comments that just say "Cool", "All of them look great", "These look nice", "ditto". Also, I don't think the word "dope" was used in this thread until you just used it. C&C doesn't mean just changing logos or added the court name to your favorite team's court. C&C is pointing out fonts don't look right, switching colors around, adding/removing a new pattern, etc. If you want to see great C&C in this thread see PSUcelticsWON95's comments. You've clearly have never heard of the phrase "slap in the face (or head)"; it means to get them wake up or to get their attention. Not to literally beat someone. 

JeKhnr9.png

Nowhere in your thread did you specify on-court graphics or naming being off limits, with exception to arena names.

Authenticity is an important lens in C&C. In which case, anything that is currently on the court (within the lines) is fair game.  You said so yourself. I could have given additional feedback on smaller details, but if you omit a key element to the court, then it doesn't matter whether the fonts or PMS colors are perfect.

I personally don't care whether you choose to change a court based on feedback.  The bigger problem in my mind is that you have repeatedly chosen to suggest that board members learn to read when your caveats weren't stated. If you disagree with someone, fine. If you have a rationale for why something wasn't done, fine. The way you chose to do so speak volumes.

2 hours ago, Briton93 said:

Nowhere in your thread did you specify on-court graphics or naming being off limits, with exception to arena names.

Authenticity is an important lens in C&C. In which case, anything that is currently on the court (within the lines) is fair game.  You said so yourself. I could have given additional feedback on smaller details, but if you omit a key element to the court, then it doesn't matter whether the fonts or PMS colors are perfect.

I personally don't care whether you choose to change a court based on feedback.  The bigger problem in my mind is that you have repeatedly chosen to suggest that board members learn to read when your caveats weren't stated. If you disagree with someone, fine. If you have a rationale for why something wasn't done, fine. The way you chose to do so speak volumes.

Again if you went back at looked at the thread, I DID say I'm not using conference tournament logos on courts. This is a concept thread, not a recreate thread, if I choose to add or remove something that's my choice, not yours. If you want a court to look a certain way make your own concept. A court name is NOT a key element to the court. Key elements are the lines, borders, and arcs. Those are things that are necessary. A little graphic isn't. Most courts aren't named anyway. So stop being so bitter that I didn't make an exception for your precious Dukies. 

Where have I "repeatedly" stated that members must learn to read? I said it once and then you got your panties in a bunch over something that wasn't even said at you.

There's reasons for they way I did things. If I add court names it will make the court look cluttered and I'll have to remove something that I wanted to add in the first place. Then I'm not making the concept how I wanted to. Now you should be "fine" now because I gave my rationale for why court names weren't added. Now give actual c&c on the courts or go away.

JeKhnr9.png

You are free to design as you wish. You are also free to make a fool of yourself by being as defensive as you are. 

1) uses someone else's template

2) spends a year on work

3) puts links in first post

4) turns rude when people use the links

5) says "as I've written before" and "learn to read" when it wasn't written before

6) decides people need a lesson, so opts for the boorish route

Yep. Totally makes sense. Great use of time. For a person self-described as "not a good logo" designer. Carry on. 

#kanyeoftheboard #somepeoplearentworthhelping

Archived