Robert Smith resurfaces

uncle_wiggily

That's actually very cool. Robert Smith was a very good running back, and I always wondered where he had gone.

Of course, everyone will agree with him, say how right he is, and nothing will change. Of course I'll be right in there with them, but what can I do to change things?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Shoot... I thought y'all were talking about the lead singer of the Cure. :P

"Bye, Robert Smith! Thanks for your help! Disintegration was the best album ever!"

<cue japanese singer>aLAHHHbaht saMEEEEETH! aLAHHHbaht saMEEEEETH!

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Shoot... I thought y'all were talking about the lead singer of the Cure. :P

"Bye, Robert Smith! Thanks for your help! Disintegration was the best album ever!"

<cue japanese singer>aLAHHHbaht saMEEEEETH! aLAHHHbaht saMEEEEETH!

funny that, that was my first thought too! Actually i seem to remember the Cure were releasing a new album soon as well! A good time to be a Robert Smith it would appear!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Well, the point of it is, we worship athletes, entertainers, etc., becasue we are an affluent society and don't have much to worry about. Even if we do, those guys in uniform provide a bit of escape from minor troubles.

I mean minor in that, once things elevate another level, sports tends to be (Rightfully) forgotten. I know when I saw 9/11 on the TV, I didn't think about hockey for a long time

Everyone has priorities. Since most of our general needs are covered, we think about minor things and embelish it. I think that's human nature.

I dopn't think Mr Smith's problem is with sports, but from what I can make out, his point is very valid, that we kinda worship our sporting gods just a bit too much sometimes! And if you have a wider outlook and you are a sportsman, its easy to see why that would freak you out a bit! I mean, when all is said and down, really really deep down, how much does it matter how well your team has done? Its all fairly trivial really! And its good to hear that at least one sportsman has realised that!

Wow 2000 posts amnd i nearly missed it! :woot:

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived