MLB City/State Uni-Swap Series UPDATE: Dodgers Tweak (12/30)

coco1997

I like the Montreal Nationals being in red and white based on the fact that the Canadian flag is... you know... red and white. So I like the color choice.

Hahaha, that hadn't even occurred to me! I guess it makes sense as a color choice.

One last set in this series (Can anyone guess which teams?) and then I'm going to turn my attention to tweaking some of my earlier concepts.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming down the home stretch with this series. Today I present...

SEATTLE BREWERS/MILWAUKEE PILOTS

brewers-pilots_zps1b5rib78.jpg

This is the first time I took total liberty with a team's colors. I got the idea for a brown/green color scheme for Seattle from Starbucks. I kept the "S" from the Pilots logo and just modeled the rest of the concept on the Brewers' inaugural uniform. Maybe if I feel really inspired I'll design a coffee-cup themed logo.

For the Pilots, I retained the "pilots" wordmark from Seattle's forgotten team as it was, IMO, surprisingly modern for its time. I think it translates pretty well to a traditional and contemporary uniform design. As usual, C&C are appreciated.

Twins & Senators will be posted tomorrow.

love the double meaning of brewer for this one, all the others are lookin' good as well.

WASHINGTON RANGERS-TEXAS SENATORS

concepts.6-page-001_zpstztdhuor.jpg

Well, here we are. The final team in this series. The Rangers were pretty straightforward. They actually wore a pinstriped uniform similar to this concept for a fauxback game in the '90s. I threw on a Washington D.C. flag for good measure.

The Texas Senators concept is a bit tongue in cheek. I basically conceived a whole new team by borrowing elements from classic uniforms. Seeing as Texas is synonymous with right-wing politics, I decided to use an elephant for the team's logo, which I poached (no pun intended) from the Philadelphia Athletics' 1920s uniforms. I went with an all red color scheme or obvious reasons. The number typeface comes from a high school baseball team actually called the Texas Senators, and I liked because of its old timey Wild West look.

So, that's the end of the series as far as new concepts go. However, I will be going back and tweaking some of my earlier concepts that I feel I didn't get quite right, such as the Dodgers and Astros. As always, C&C appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

LOS ANGELES ANGELS-LOS ANGELES DODGERS (Tweak)

concepts.4-page-001_zpswv29iq36.jpg

Someone had complained that my original Dodgers concept looked too similar to what the Dodgers actually wear, so I went back and turned their jersey into a vest.

I'm in the process of going back and tweaking a few things based on some comments and criticisms I received.

In the meantime, I've been working on another new series unrelated to this one. Think the NFL's "Color Rush" meets baseball.

Archived