Minor League Baseball Encyclopedia

Rimar55

This is definitely very thorough, even more so than the official stylesheets. If I were making this for purpose of printing into a book, I would consolidate a few things:

- Either put numbers & letters for each jersey on one page instead of two, or just include the letters on the full uniform pages.

- Under "Cap History," list each cap once with the years worn underneath, instead of going year-by-year and listing each hat six times.

- Figure out somewhere else to list the franchise history w/ affiliates. That half page could go with stadium info (minus a few park photos) or integrated with the cap history.

Style notes:

- That grey background sort of works with the Loons' art, but it won't for other teams. I suggest using plain white or a considerably lighter grey. The smoky texture would even be okay at a lighter value.

- Make sure you give every graphic its room to breathe. For example, the primary logo is crowded by the "Primary Mark" label on the 2nd page, and the caps in the history are right on top of each other.

- The Minor League Baseball logo in the top-right corner was abandoned by MiLB roughly 10 years ago.

Still a good start for such an archival project. Where are you getting these graphics, just on Chris' site?

Archived