Concept request: Cutback

ckunz

Guest darkpiranha

I'm assuming you're planning on producing this using a graphics program, correct?  Not hand-drawn.  

2 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

I'm assuming you're planning on producing this using a graphics program, correct?  Not hand-drawn.  

2 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

That's why I wanted help from you guys. I'm not good with programs. And I know you'll probably go mad when I say that but it's true. I have only tried it once or twice. I understand that's a big deal breaker nowadays. 

Guest darkpiranha
Just now, ckunz said:

That's why I wanted help from you guys. I'm not good with programs. And I know you'll probably go mad when I say that but it's true. I have only tried it once or twice. I understand that's a big deal breaker nowadays. 

I'll take you at face value on all this and assume you're not just massively trolling us.  

Okay.  Let me put it another way.  If this was ME that had come in with the questions you have, and then realized how in over my head I was (like I'm hoping you are realizing), the first thing I'd do is contact that guy and respectfully bow out of this whole endeavor.  Return any money he may have given me up front.   I'd then point him towards this forum and advise him to look around to find a designer who can actually deliver the product that I had initially promised to him, but then realized I wasn't going to be able to do it.    

I'm baffled as to why you're still pursuing this.  The only thing I can think of is that you've already accepted money from him and spent it and there's no going back.  

Your questions are the equivalent of "Hey guys, how do I build a house?  I've never built anything, and I don't know what a hammer and nails are or how to use them."   

3 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

I'll take you at face value on all this and assume you're not just massively trolling us.  

Okay.  Let me put it another way.  If this was ME that had come in with the questions you have, and then realized how in over my head I was (like I'm hoping you are realizing), the first thing I'd do is contact that guy and respectfully bow out of this whole endeavor.  Return any money he may have given me up front.   I'd then point him towards this forum and advise him to look around to find a designer who can actually deliver the product that I had initially promised to him, but then realized I wasn't going to be able to do it.    

I'm baffled as to why you're still pursuing this.  The only thing I can think of is that you've already accepted money from him and spent it and there's no going back.  

Your questions are the equivalent of "Hey guys, how do I build a house?  I've never built anything, and I don't know what a hammer and nails are or how to use them."   

I did not accept any money from him because I knew it was my first one. He is going to a professional now. I understand where you're coming from completely. Thanks for being harsh enough to where I got the point 

Guest darkpiranha

I want to give you HUGE credit for taking a lot of harsh criticism with the grace and understanding that you have.  It was harsh, but sincere advice.  

That said, NOW I'd like to see you take the steps necessary to get yourself to the point where you CAN offer your services.  This is the perfect forum for doing that.  But you have to be intentional about how you get there.  There are tons of threads here where people with similar experience to yourself started off wide-eyed and overwhelmed, and now they regularly churn out amazing work and are passing their experience on to the next generation.   Find a designer you like here on the forums and track down their earliest posts to see how far they've come.  See what they posted and the feedback they got and most importantly, see how they incorporated that feedback. Some people get feedback and run the other way, either embarrassed or offended that people didn't immediately think they were great designers.  But the ones that stick around turn into amazing designers.  Of the designers that stuck around, see what progression they had from program to program.  See what training they used to improve.   There's lots of paid training courses, like Lynda.com that are great, but honestly, there are so SO many free YouTube tutorials, GREAT tutorials on every program you can imagine, that you'll never exhaust the free resources.  

Even though you've passed the job onto a professional, I'd still like to see you go through all the steps it would have taken.  Ask him all the questions.  Then start designing the logo and share it here.  Take your time and absorb any and all feedback you might get.  

Archived