Semi-Pro Concept Needed

dcebb2001

Greetings!

I am the general manager for the North Texas Orcas and am in need of flashy uniform designs for our upcoming season.  We have a great manufacturer who can implement just about anything, but we do not have a present design.  We are looking for uniforms using the colors of navy, white, and/or silver.  We are open to other colors as well.  We want to do something that is clean, but catchy.  Progressive with flare.  Think Oregon football's type of style, but with fins or waves instead of feathers and webbed feet.

If anyone is interested in doing a few concepts, we would love to see them.  We would need the details of the colors used and logos created.  Again, we are Orcas, so think of Killer Whales on the gridiron!

If we find a suitable designer, we would be willing to include a small "donation" to the winning designer via paypal.  You can contact me directly at dcebb2001@gmail.com or reply to this thread with any questions, comments, or correspondence.  This is a chance to see your concepts become part of a REAL FOOTBALL TEAM!

Thank you.

Dan Berens

General Manager

North Texas Orcas

EDIT------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what I have decided to do was put up a $100 prize on freelancer.

https://www.freelancer.com/contest/North-Texas-Orcas-Football-Team-Uniform-Contest-668666.html

I highly recommend anyone interested in signing up for the contest and submitting your results.  We already have had some designs come in and they are pretty awesome.  Who ever can come up with the best one gets the $100.

Wait, so you play in North Texas, a landlocked area, and you're called the Orcas? Seriously?

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

8 minutes ago, dcebb2001 said:

Yup.  Dead serious.  We are pretty out there as a group, so we are looking for some pretty far out uniforms.  Can't you tell?

What league are you in?

image.png 

2 hours ago, TRoyConcepts said:

So you will make a small "donation" instead of just paying a designer?

Yea. This just sounds like Spec Work. 

image.png 

Guest darkpiranha

Announce how much the "donation" is, so anyone interested can decide if it's worth their while.   This logo is presumably going to be on all the hats, t-shirts, cups, and other merchandise you want to sell.  Surely that's worth something to you.  

On 7/26/2016 at 8:44 PM, TRoyConcepts said:

So you will make a small "donation" instead of just paying a designer?

Right.  We are a small non-profit.  We don't have the funds to do much aside from get the proper equipment.  Semi-Pro is typically pay-to-play; players have to pay team fees to cover the expenses of their season.  Nobody takes a salary, so everything we are putting into it is out of our own pockets.  Everyone on our staff does stuff pro bono.  Fortunately, we have already gained some offers from people doing this very project for karma, so that's good, too.  But, we will pay something for their efforts...more of a "Thank you" than anything.

On 7/27/2016 at 0:48 PM, darkpiranha said:

Announce how much the "donation" is, so anyone interested can decide if it's worth their while.   This logo is presumably going to be on all the hats, t-shirts, cups, and other merchandise you want to sell.  Surely that's worth something to you.  

We actually have a logo already, but we are open to other ideas.  We don't have any merchandise to sell, nor are we interested in doing so.  It would be on our uniforms (if the designers include it), practice jerseys, and maybe some player shirts/shorts, but that's it.  We are not in the business of making money - we are in the business of playing football.  The two can be independent of one another.

1 hour ago, BostonStrong13 said:

Can you post the logo so we can see what to work off of?

Sure.  It's just a drawing of an orca in black and white.  We received written permission from freepik to use it.  Now, this really is just a placeholder until we can come up with something better.  I considered getting a freelancer to do it for cheap, but I thought I would go here first since the community also does uniform concept designs.

I reality, we would love a new, unique, logo and uniform design like I described above.  We chose Navy and White as the base colors because black is overdone in these amateur leagues.  Something radical would suit us quite well.

killer-whale-vector.jpg

18 hours ago, worcat said:

that's a fine logo. Dark Navy with White accents on a Silver helmet would be actually, really nice.

i can test that out... ill pm you tonight or tomorrow morning. nothing too complex @dcebb2001

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

3 hours ago, BostonStrong13 said:

i can test that out... ill pm you tonight or tomorrow morning. nothing too complex @dcebb2001

Cool!  That would be pretty awesome of you!

So, what I have decided to do was put up a $100 prize on freelancer.

https://www.freelancer.com/contest/North-Texas-Orcas-Football-Team-Uniform-Contest-668666.html

I highly recommend anyone interested in signing up for the contest and submitting your results.  We already have had some designs come in and they are pretty awesome.  Who ever can come up with the best one gets the $100.

Thanks again for all the help!

Archived