OCR blog logo

scottyvoodoo

So first I haven't been on the boards in a couple years, with family and life obligations I just haven't had time.

One of the projects I've been working on is a blog/website/boards for the sport of Obstacle Course Racing (Spartan Race, Battlefrog etc.) with a specific focus on Southern Alberta. The project is called 4-0-300 a play on the area code and the popular movie. So I've created a logo using Inkscape for the first time and am hoping for some feedback. It doesn't feel right to me yet so I figured what better place for critique.

Most importantly I want to give credit where it is due the wheat on the spear is from shutterstock, and the mountain on the shield is from the Denver Nuggets secondary logo. I used it on purpose as I incorporated elements from some of favourite sports teams, the dark grey is the Seattle Sounders shale, the red for the roses the Calgary Stampeders. 

So without further ado let me know what you think.

image_zpscyyib8f1.jpeg

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

I think it's a nice start. I think I would pull the wheat arrows in a bit closer to the roundel. I would also play with filling either above the mountain or below it with the red (or flipping it where the mountaintop is red and the fill is silver) to give it some dynamic. Just a couple of ideas.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try moving in the spears. For the shield I should have mentioned with Spartan Race being one of biggest brands in the sport (my favourite) and influence on the blog name, I wanted to make it look similar to a Spartan shield

image_zpshhe5msic.jpeg

I used the mountain in the shield and the wheat as the spear tips to represent the different regions of Southern Alberta 

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

Archived