Team Israel WBC

Big Yellow Flag

Although MLB seems to be dragging their feet on this one, it can't be more than a few days until we see what they'll actually be wearing on the field in South Korea (#ShalomSeoul). With that in mind, I'm pleased to present my (almost) ideal look for Team Israel.

Logos

HV36Lu1.png

I stuck with the current logo (at left) because it's great. It's a sharp look, nice and clean, and representative of the nation. Although I'd prefer a Yud in the middle, the first letter of Israel in Hebrew, nobody else does that, so why should Israel? I realized I would need a color flipped version for my plans, so I made one. It's not perfect, but especially once I started shrinking and moving it, it was serviceable.

Home

m1F4l9I.png 

Israel wears white at "home" now, like we do in baseball. Lots of flag inspiration, especially on the sleeves, with two parallel blue lines. I experimented with little Stars of David between them, but it looks cluttered and messy, so I did away with it, and left it as a mere hint to the flag. The sleeves show the WBC logo and the Israeli flag.

Road

QP15VZN.png

Like I said, almost ideal. We maintain the basic features from the home, with the flag-inspired stripes. The sleeves are the same, as are the pants (gray-ified) and the socks (with the white flag stripes made gray). Where this is almost ideal is the script. In my actual ideal, that would be the script from the blue jerseys they currently wear. Unfortunately, despite hours of searching, I couldn't find it. In a pinch, I went the UK direction, and put the name across the front in a flat font (Monserrat).

Alternate

vf9pMwE.png

For those of us who are fans of the blue jerseys, they're still around in some form. We're going pullover with this one, with some necessary changes from the homes. Most obvious (other than the lack of buttons) would be the white cap with blue visor, because gosh darn it I just love light colored hats. See also the new sleeve stripe, which is now a single white stripe, keeping it simple while differentiating from a softball t-shirt. Also changing from the standards is the addition of a stripe on the pants, doubling it up. There would obviously be a gray version of the pants, for road game use, which would be worn with the gray-striped socks.

What do y'all think? Thanks in advance for any C&C.

I'd go with a more ancient lettering system, maybe script lettering in a flowing style, if I could, with the national name in English, where appropriate, and perhaps put the names on the back in such a style as well.  Numbers could also be in the same or a similar style.  As for the star you are using, it seems to be a Star of Solomon, while it might be better to use a Star of David, not Solomon, as you have here, in the applicable places.  Perhaps there could be stripes reminiscent of olive branches down the outside of both legs or on the cuffs of the sleeves, as well.  Just a few thoughts here, that's all.  Take it as you will.  Shalom.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

On 2/23/2017 at 3:11 PM, Turtle Pilgrim said:

I'd go with a more ancient lettering system, maybe script lettering in a flowing style, if I could, with the national name in English, where appropriate, and perhaps put the names on the back in such a style as well.  Numbers could also be in the same or a similar style.  As for the star you are using, it seems to be a Star of Solomon, while it might be better to use a Star of David, not Solomon, as you have here, in the applicable places.  Perhaps there could be stripes reminiscent of olive branches down the outside of both legs or on the cuffs of the sleeves, as well.  Just a few thoughts here, that's all.  Take it as you will.  Shalom.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

here are the 2 stars for comparision:

sodsealofsolomon.png?w=760

Maybe you could space out the ISRAEL on the road better? The R is gonna get lost with the buttons and all..

Archived