Hand drawn Fishing Logo

eastmarkham

Hello all. this is my first time posting a logo. This hand drawn logo took me a few months to finalize. Its not on par with all the great work that is posted on this site. This logo is meant for t shirt and hat merchandise for my friends and I who enjoy fishing and posting our catches on instagram. The fish is suppose to be a bass. Your comments & criticisms are greatly appreciated  

Reel Bros 300dpi.jpg

thanks sleuthpanther. i figure i would keep the yellow circle, white lettering and white fish. maybe thicken the lines of the fish but keep the fish white. that way this logo could look good on any color t shirt or hat. the space around the fish within the yellow circle is grey, doesn't look like it in the pic though. 

i think popular colors for hats and t shirts are black, blue, grey, white, red. so having a mostly white logo with a yellow circle and red maple leaf would match one of those colored shirts. wondering if the logo needs any tweaks or if im missing something. i think simple is best

i think it's a fantastic start.

my critiques are as follows:

light grey, yellow, and white are all very light colors. you're going to want to add some more contrast in there to really make the logo stand out in all applications. you could go with a darker grey, different colors, maybe a grey fish instead of a white one, and go with a contrasting background color.... tons of options, but currently it is a light-on-light-on-light logo that just doesn't have the contrast needed to really shine.

also, the bottom half of the roundel looks very very empty with the top-heavy "REEL BROS." sharing real estate with the maple leaf. you could try to fill the bottom part of the roundel with something, like maybe hooks or some kind of nautical flourishes.... or you could just try to space out the 3 elements (leaf, REEL, and BROS) more evenly... but as it stands, that roundel is very top-heavy.

i'd definitely go with thicker outlines to help keep everything neatly divided, but i think the main thing you can do to improve this logo is to give it more contrast through a combination of heavier line-weight and sharper contrast in colors.

other than that, i love it. that's a really clean illustration of a fish.

• 7 months later...

Archived