BigBubba

Toronto Star new logo (?)

About a week ago, I was reading an article on The Star's website about how the paper is expanding its brand nationally. At the top was a logo I've never seen before: it featured "THE STAR" written in black in a font similar to the current one, though much thicker. Instead of being contained within the outline of the banner, the word mark was bookended by the banner's edges (and thus there was no blue on top or below the words, only to the left and right -- picture this:   >THE STAR). I thought the paper had rebranded (especially in light of the content of the article), but when I checked back the next day, the old logo was back. I haven't seen the "new" once since -- any idea what was up with that?

No idea why it would only show as the header for that article, but I saw the new logo on first click too.

qIXkxum.png

After visiting another page on the website and returning it's back to the current logo. I like the new look though and I'm interested to see when it gets rolled out.

MOD EDIT

Edited by officeglenn
Your request has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Use the boards' private message function.