If Kansas State had a team in The Basketball Tournament

Danny the Sheeb

So I was idly watching a The Basketball Tournament game earlier when it occurred to me that, though many universities had alumni teams in the tournament, Kansas State (my favorite U) did not.  So, here's what a hypothetical KSU TBT team should wear!  (Sorry about the crudeness of the logo.  I only know how to use very basic programs.)

Feedback greatly appreciated!

43653258702_d67eb54b06_b.jpg

42797170735_ff99c1a1c0_b.jpg

43700147781_5756f09a09_b.jpg

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

Few things I really like, few things I don’t. I’ll start with the negative. The logos lack of color makes it really bland and tough to look at. The one shade of purple is just so...dull. It NEEDS color. I suggest adding gray/silver, K-State’s other color. The uniforms are okay. While I don’t like the template, I’ll overlook that and talk design over all. I love the woodmark and design, but like the logo the white uni needs another color. Add some outlines maybe? The away is throwback inspired obviously, but maybe the numbers need an outline like the woodmark.

I like the moniker of “Every Man A Wildcat”. I love the look of a logo, and while I think it needs color, it is truly a good logo. The woodmark on the uniforms are fantastic. I think a new template would do wonders for this set. 

Overall, while it has some flaws, this is a good look. 

7 minutes ago, appleclock said:

I love the idea. The head looks like an alien though. It needs some more facial features to make it look like a wildcat.

I get what you're saying.  I had to do something simple, so I just put in the eyes.  If you've got any better ideas, feel free to let me know.

7 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Few things I really like, few things I don’t. I’ll start with the negative. The logos lack of color makes it really bland and tough to look at. The one shade of purple is just so...dull. It NEEDS color. I suggest adding gray/silver, K-State’s other color. The uniforms are okay. While I don’t like the template, I’ll overlook that and talk design over all. I love the woodmark* and design, but like the logo the white uni needs another color. Add some outlines maybe? The away is throwback inspired obviously, but maybe the numbers need an outline like the woodmark.

I like the moniker of “Every Man A Wildcat”. I love the look of a logo, and while I think it needs color, it is truly a good logo. The woodmark on the uniforms are fantastic. I think a new template would do wonders for this set. 

Overall, while it has some flaws, this is a good look. 

Very grateful for the feedback!

I'll make some changes.  Thank you for pointing these things out.

I don't particularly care for silver, but three shades of purple with only white as another color is a little overkill.  I'll mull it over.

*wordmark (sorry, my grammar freak brain had to point that out. :P)

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

Thats cool, I understand not wanting to use silver. After all, double purple is unheard of in uniforms so it is definitely unique. I like the updated uniforms. I don’t think you need to mess with that anymore, you have a pretty good set. I do think the cat in the logo looks to “kittenish” (probably not a word) but I’m sure that can be fixed with some messing around.

Archived