My College Football Concept Dump (Hand Drawn) Oklahoma State 1/8

jn8

That yellow/yellow/white combo is unreal. I wouldn’t get rid of the white, but if this was a set that Oregon actually had, I would make sure they never went all-white in an away game. Those colors look too beautiful to ever waste a game in a stormtrooper look.

• 7 months later...

Bored over Christmas break, so here’s something I whipped up:

Oklahoma State

Watching their bowl game, I really liked the stripes on their helmets (though I prefer the version worn in the regular season), so I built a uniform that combines that with their current look. The main goal here was to keep a few modern elements, such as the current font and updated logos, but bring a bit of a classic feel to it, which means chrome sh!t is out the window. 

Helmets:

Three. White, black, and orange. All have the OSU brand on the side and three stripes down the center. No Pistol Pete helmets. They look like crap

Jerseys:

Same three colors. The style is VERY similar to their current jersey set, but there are some pretty noticeable differences. The pattern on the collar and cuffs is gone, and the TV numbers are shifted up to the shoulders to make room for Pistol Pete on the sleeves. I love that logo, but the OSU brand logo is a ton better on the helmet (and, like I said above, every time they’ve tried Pete on the helmet it’s looked bad) so Pete gets put on the sleeves. The most noticeable change from the current jerseys is on the white. The current one emphasizes black way too much, so I flipped black and orange, making the numbers, cuffs, and collars orange. All jerseys have contrasting cuffs and collars. Black on the orange jersey, orange on the black and white jerseys. All jerseys have this logo at the base of the collar.

Pants:

Same colors, all feature the same stripes as the helmets. Logo from the collar on the right leg. 

Combinations:

Trying something a little different on this one, I came up with what I’d have had them wear if I were in charge this past season. Numbers indicate the week the game was played:

WbMfGih.jpg

6yW6HeN.jpg

Week 1, @Oregon State

All white. First away game, wear the traditional helmet. Either orange or white pants would be acceptable, but white is chosen to better contrast the orange of the other OSU

Week 2, McNeese

Home opener. Traditional combo. 

Week 3, @Tulsa

No particular reason, just a combo I liked. 

Week 4, @Texas

Black helmets and pants as a better way of contrasting Texas’s orange. 

Week 5, Kansas State

The second home game and a 7pm kickoff. Perfect time for a “blackout” game. 

Week 6, @Texas Tech

Orange/White/White. Just another combination I liked. 

Week 8, Baylor

Traditional for homecoming

Week 9, @Iowa State

White/White/Orange, the traditional road look. 

Week 10, TCU

Black/Orange/Black, another combination I liked, timed it up to be worn the first weekend after Halloween. 

Week 12, Kansas

A second game for the black jerseys, this time with orange helmets and pants. No particular reason. 

Week 13, @West Virginia 

Orange/White/Black. Just for fun. 

Week 14, Oklahoma. 

White/Orange/Orange. Traditional enough, white putting a bit of a twist on it. 

Others would be allowed, but those are what I’d propose for a hypothetical season. The only real rules are stick with the traditional combo for the home opener and homecoming, only white and orange elements for the Oklahoma game, and never go full carrot. Another suggestion, but not a rule, would be maybe try and wear black when playing another orange team. Facemasks can be swapped based on jerseys, but should always contrast the helmet. 

On a note that isn’t specific to the concept itself, but the style it is presented in, I toyed around with a different art style here. Since I drew 12 combinations, I went with a less detailed version and used darker lines to give an almost “comic book” feel to them. IDK how I feel about it, so if you have any notes on that, I’m willing to listen to that as well. 

I’m done talking for now, so feel free to give any thoughts and opinions below! 

Archived