DouglasQuaid's XFL Concepts Tweaks/Redesigns - 5/8

DouglasQuaid

I'll start first with the Houston Roughnecks. I wanted to base their look on the early era of silver lids that the oilers wore, due to the similar resemblance in logo. Because of the overuse of navy by most sports teams I decided to base the set on a red and silver with navy as the accent. The helmet is mostly the same except the stripe mimics one worn by the oilers in the 60s. I also used a thicker font and switched the colors of the numbers on the home jersey.

spacer.png

For the Renegades I kept it simple with only minor tweaks to the overall look of the team. I decided to use more of an old school shoulder yoke and updated the numbers with a simple style of block font. I also matched the pants to their amazing looking helmet and ditched the black pants.

spacer.png

Going forward with the Wildcats, I wanted to reduce the amount of black by mainly focusing on orange. I went with a basic stripe style due to the poor execution of the actual uniform stripes. I thought about using a white helmet for this concept but I went with orange because its more unique. I also wasn't sure about the helmet stripe, but decided to keep it for consistency. Its also a nod to the bucs original creamsicle uniforms.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived