Pittsburgh Pirates Logo Redesign

Moss44

Hi everyone,

I've had an account here for a while and used to dabble in GIMP back when I was in elementary and middle school (I even made a jersey design post in 2014 - not pretty). My college has a free Photoshop package for students, so I downloaded it the other day and made my first ever photoshop creation tonight, a slight redesign of the Pittsburgh Pirates logo.

6HmuTuU.png

Basically took the hat from the 70s Pirate and put it on the modern Pirate, along with a few other adjustments. It looks a little sloppy in some areas due to my personal inability and limitations with Photoshop, but I would really appreciate any advice or feedback that you might have for me as I adventure back into the world of logos. Thanks!

Hello, my name is Josef Bretones and I have a question for you. I don't know if you can answer it. Why do Pittsburgh teams (Pirates, Penguins, Steelers) use yellow and black in their color schemes? By the way: nice job!
Thank you!

I'm from Spain, sorry for my english.

ALL-MEDALS-LOGOLYMPIAD-X.png

3 hours ago, Josef_Bretones said:

Why do Pittsburgh teams (Pirates, Penguins, Steelers) use yellow and black in their color schemes?

It's featured prominently on Pittsburgh's flag and coat of arms. No other city has complete color unity between sports.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

Archived