La Liga Concepts - Real Madrid added 5/20

BigBryArab

My La Liga concepts. My first shot at doing football/soccer kits. Each club will have 3 kits.

I have simplified kit makers to Nike, Adidas, and Puma. any club that currently has a different kit maker will be changed to one of these three. 

Please give feedback! id love to hear what I did right, wrong, what could be tweaked, other techniques I should do, and ideas. all replies are appreciated. Im not the biggest follower of football, so if there is anything I messed up (club tradition or something) let me know!

no patches or numbers on the shorts will be added.

I will be doing all La Liga teams. if this get enough appreciation I could move on to other leagues. maybe premier league next?

Barcelona

Starting out strong with Barca. Home is a fairly cookie cutter Barca. imo the simple home kits for them are the best. away is a nice tan/gold tone shirt with navy accents and a red sponsor.

third kit is the standout imo, teal tone shirt, white shorts, and red socks. would really stand out.

spacer.png

Sevilla

again fairly straight-forward home kit and away. standout imo is again the alternate. bright yellow socks to go with the yellow accents. 

NVAvQDq.png

Real Betis

switched to Nike. no sponsor which is how it should be in an ideal world, so I definitely kept the shirt sponsor-less. away is reminiscent of the home, but with sublimated stripes. 

spacer.png

Thats it for now! more coming soon

again let me know what you think.

-BigBryArab

All of these sets look like something those three teams would actually wear, so that's obviously a huge plus.

Favorites:

- All three Sevilla kits are clean and absolutely on brand for this club. It just looks like them. I'm not sure what else to say.

- I like the thinner stripes for the Barca primary and the Barca third also looks like something they'd wear.

- The Betis secondary with the sublimated thin stripes is such a nice kit. It's something I could see myself wearing on the street.

Least favorite:

- The Barca secondary just doesn't do it for me. I like Barca in a brighter yellow, and the drab tan just doesn't work for me here.

- Although I like the colors of the Betis third, I'm worried from a distance nobody would see any details of it. For that matter, all three Betis kits have green socks. If they are away to a team that's wearing green socks, then?

Try to take some creative liberties with secondary and third jerseys! Good job so far.

7 hours ago, Hawkeye15 said:

All of these sets look like something those three teams would actually wear, so that's obviously a huge plus.

Favorites:

- All three Sevilla kits are clean and absolutely on brand for this club. It just looks like them. I'm not sure what else to say.

- I like the thinner stripes for the Barca primary and the Barca third also looks like something they'd wear.

- The Betis secondary with the sublimated thin stripes is such a nice kit. It's something I could see myself wearing on the street.

Least favorite:

- The Barca secondary just doesn't do it for me. I like Barca in a brighter yellow, and the drab tan just doesn't work for me here.

- Although I like the colors of the Betis third, I'm worried from a distance nobody would see any details of it. For that matter, all three Betis kits have green socks. If they are away to a team that's wearing green socks, then?

Try to take some creative liberties with secondary and third jerseys! Good job so far.

the tan Barca jersey idea came from the gold secondary shirts they had at some point in the early 2000's. I was gunna go for a lighter cream or off-white color, but ended up darking it.

also good point about the same colored socks. ill keep that in mind when completing this project!

Thank you! more coming soon

The Villarreal set is clean... the primary and secondary work really well for them. The third I'm not so sure about... the color scheme just doesn't work well for me.

The Getafe set is simple and effective as well. The double blue on the primary kit is nice.

I like that you took a risk with the Atletico primary. I'm worried they look like a candy cane though. The sponsor logo would also require some kind of outline realistically. But the secondary and third kits? Terrific. Those colors schemes are very sharp. The black and gray is really a sharp look and fits Atletico's style of play incidentally. I also love a pink and blue color scheme.

As I said before, I'd encourage you to try more complicated and more subtle design elements. The Getafe kits are basically color by number across the board. Bring some character to these kits if you can. You can certainly make clean looking kits. I think you can try for more, especially with secondary and third kits. Good work so far.

(sorry you've only gotten comments from a single person despite posting 6 concepts already)

10 hours ago, Hawkeye15 said:

As I said before, I'd encourage you to try more complicated and more subtle design elements. The Getafe kits are basically color by number across the board. Bring some character to these kits if you can. You can certainly make clean looking kits. I think you can try for more, especially with secondary and third kits. Good work so far.

(sorry you've only gotten comments from a single person despite posting 6 concepts already)

thank you! gunna start working in more pattens and textures.

and it doesn't bother me! I do this for my enjoyment and just like to share. I feel like football kit concepts aren't as popular here it seems. I did a basketball series a few years ago that had more feedback lol.

21 hours ago, BigBryArab said:

thank you! gunna start working in more pattens and textures.

and it doesn't bother me! I do this for my enjoyment and just like to share. I feel like football kit concepts aren't as popular here it seems. I did a basketball series a few years ago that had more feedback lol.

I wish football kit concepts were more popular here! They can have some outlandish designs that look really cool. Oh, nice job on the Valencia kit by the way.

2 hours ago, Vincady said:

I wish football kit concepts were more popular here! They can have some outlandish designs that look really cool. Oh, nice job on the Valencia kit by the way.

Thank you! ill definitely be finishing all La Liga and maybe a few other Euro clubs

Real Madrid

went with the royalty purple theme for the first two. sponsor has a slight metallic finish on the home which may be hard to pick up, but is inspired by this years gold finish.

decided to have some fun and went with the Galactico themed kit for the third!

upvwpR4.jpg

Archived