Atlanta Braves Cherokee Appreciation Uniform Concepts

erwinperez12

With the former Washington (Washington Football Team) now being Washington Football Team and the soon to be former Cleveland Indians looking to change their nickname, many people have began to look over at the Braves, waiting to see what their next move will be.

The team has previously stated they don't have any plans to change the team name. Instead, they have began to strengthen their relationship with the local Native American community, specifically the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians. As a Braves fan myself, I would like to see some sort of week or weekend of recognition during the last home stand closest to Indigenous People's Day. 

Back in July, the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians gifted Hank Aaron with a jersey that had his name in Cherokee Syllabary. This gave me the idea to "create" (more so modify) the Atlanta Braves home jerseys so that they pay tribute to the Cherokee and all Native Americans as a way to bring awareness to their endangered language.

Primary Home White: Replacing "Braves" on the front is the Cherokee word "ᏧᎵᏨᏯᏍᏗ" which according to the English-Cherokee dictionary means brave or courageous. On the left sleeve is the flag of the Cherokee Nation. On the back is Henry Aaron's name in Syllabary as seen on a jersey given to him by the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians.

Alternate Home Red: "Braves" is again replaced on the front by the Cherokee word "ᏧᎵᏨᏯᏍᏗ". On the left sleeve is the flag of the Cherokee Nation. "Aaron", in Syllabary, is again on the back.

Alternate Home Cream: "ᏧᎵᏨᏯᏍᏗ" replacing "Braves" on the front without the tomahawk. On the left sleeve is the flag of the Cherokee Nation and on the right sleeve is the Braves secondary logo/crest. "Aaron", in Syllabary, is again on the back.

Home Cap and Batting Helmet: I wasn't exactly able to find the translation for Atlanta in Syllabary so I used the first symbol in "ᏧᎵᏨᏯᏍᏗ" for the cap.

spacer.png

I would love to know what everyone thinks. Is there anything i got wrong? Some suggestions? All is welcome

Archived