My custom "NVP" patch for my Trubisky jersey.

CS85

During a Basically Sports episode a few weeks ago, I was lamenting about how I now have this Trubisky jersey hanging in my closet that I don't know what to do with.  I bought it on draft day 2017, all full of useless hope and blind faith that this would be the one time the football gods would not drop their trousers and collectively bathe Bears fandom in a fecal monsoon.  Alas, we were spattered as always, and the #10 jersey hung in my closet with the 2021 season looming.

As we discussed this, and I'm not sure who it was, it was suggested that I get an NVP patch made to at least get some quality meme value out of the jersey and to, in a sense, redeem its value and make it one of a kind in the process.  I was all about it, and went right to work.

The NVP trophy itself is appropriately stupid and weird looking:

So I figured the design needed to have the blimp, a goodly portion of slime, and some silver to represent the actual trophy itself.  I wanted to get in a vintage bit of Nickelodeon in there since the new wordmark sucks, so I went with the old school wordmark in the top splat.  In retrospect I would've reduced it to "Nick" so the detail wouldn't get lost, but that's life, baby.  Here's the intial design:

ow6GMUa.jpeg

Not perfect, but it'll do!  The real headache was finding somewhere to get this made into a patch.  There's a ton of websites out there that promise "no minimum quantity," but there always, always is a minimum, and I wasn't about to pay $90 to get 50 of these stupid things made.  Thankfully Etsy is pretty fantastic, and I found a shop, appropriate named HungryBear, that was exactly what I was looking for.  It was $26 or so with shipping to get this patch made, and took maybe a week to arrive.

5Avzhhz.jpeg

I was pretty stoked with how it turned out.  The Nickelodeon as I said earlier was a bit of an L, but I think people who get the reference of the patch won't need anything more than the NVP, blimp, and slime to deduce what they're seeing.  I had done some research on how to sew on a patch, but in the end I called a local tailor who said she'd do it for $8.  :censored: yeah.

After a few days I went and picked it up, and et voila!

MSoPTUs.jpeg

aw0pox0.jpeg

j4hIilW.jpeg

Even my football-hating wife was pretty impressed with it, and I gotta say I'm very happy with how it turned out.  Now I can once again wear my Trubisky jersey with a meme flair on game days, dying slowly inside with a smile as my favorite team continues it's decades-long legacy of sucking ass.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived