nhl new color series (flyers added) (2/32)

eegl75

oh man i've been waiting a long time for this

finally mustered up the courage to post on here.

this is my first time designing jersey concepts and im too cheap to buy photoshop so i have to use paint 3d and im new at this so not everything is gonna be stunningly clean and HQ.

this is an idea i've had for a long time. i'll be designing new jerseys for every nhl team using colors that the franchise has never used before (if the team has a color in the name, e.g. golden nights, red wings; i can use that color)

any criticism, or adice is appreciated. i want to get better at graphic design but i've always been bad at artistic stuff

anyways, without further ado,  heres the first team, the minnesota wild.

i tried to give them an identity based on the northern lights and used a bunch of aurora-y colors to make a staged gradient. the alternate will be coming later

spacer.png

heres the second team, the flyers

i just used the eagles current colors because theyre unique and represent the city pretty well.

there is no white in either of the jerseys and the black is replaced by pewter gray.

yes i know Giroux isnt on the team but i grew up watching him and he was always my favorite so i put him on the jerseys here.

man it was such a sad season for the flyers. the long rebuild ahead doesnt look fun.

spacer.png

10 hours ago, eegl75 said:

oh man i've been waiting a long time for this

finally mustered up the courage to post on here.

this is my first time designing jersey concepts and im too cheap to buy photoshop so i have to use paint 3d and im new at this so not everything is gonna be stunningly clean and HQ.

this is an idea i've had for a long time. i'll be designing new jerseys for every nhl team using colors that the franchise has never used before (if the team has a color in the name, e.g. golden nights, red wings; i can use that color)

any criticism, or adice is appreciated. i want to get better at graphic design but i've always been bad at artistic stuff

anyways, without further ado,  heres the first team, the minnesota wild.

i tried to give them an identity based on the northern lights and used a bunch of aurora-y colors to make a staged gradient. the alternate will be coming later

spacer.png

I don't mind the lower-rez constructions. Although the Flyers quality is noticeably better than the Wild's.

My issue with these Minnesota jerseys is that the color space seems to be in RGB, and the colors don't look like they are possible to produce using fabric. Not sure how Paint works, but I'm guessing you don't have a lot of control over your color modes. There are other cheap design programs out there (Affinity?) which might get you better results.

I'm interested to see where you will take the teams– and why.

6 hours ago, sitboaf said:

I don't mind the lower-rez constructions. Although the Flyers quality is noticeably better than the Wild's.

My issue with these Minnesota jerseys is that the color space seems to be in RGB, and the colors don't look like they are possible to produce using fabric. Not sure how Paint works, but I'm guessing you don't have a lot of control over your color modes. There are other cheap design programs out there (Affinity?) which might get you better results.

I'm interested to see where you will take the teams– and why.

thanks for the tip and i will definitely check out affinity. like i said, i dont really know my way around this stuff.  i just want to post the ideas ive had for a long time. the templates can be finnicky  and the collars are the hardest part but i'll take some time to look around paint and give it my best effort.  for now i'd prefer if people look at them as fictional concepts rather than realistic things. (also the seattle seahawks and minnesota timberwolves use very bright green)

• eegl75 changed the title to nhl new color series (flyers added) (2/32)
On 5/21/2022 at 8:51 PM, eegl75 said:

heres the second team, the flyers

i just used the eagles current colors because theyre unique and represent the city pretty well.

there is no white in either of the jerseys and the black is replaced by pewter gray.

yes i know Giroux isnt on the team but i grew up watching him and he was always my favorite so i put him on the jerseys here.

man it was such a sad season for the flyers. the long rebuild ahead doesnt look fun.

spacer.png

While unique, they are getting pretty darn close to a primary set we've already seen in the NHL.

spacer.png

I know it isn't intentional because I see your thought process, and it does look pretty good, in a vacuum. I think keeping the colors and messing with the design is your best option because the other color scheme related to the city is red/white/blue. Maybe do something similar to the 2019 Winter Classic jersey? I think that would be different enough.

38 minutes ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

While unique, they are getting pretty darn close to a primary set we've already seen in the NHL.

spacer.png

I know it isn't intentional because I see your thought process, and it does look pretty good, in a vacuum. I think keeping the colors and messing with the design is your best option because the other color scheme related to the city is red/white/blue. Maybe do something similar to the 2019 Winter Classic jersey? I think that would be different enough.

funny thing is i was planning for the sharks to be navy, gray and red. i could try that for the flyers though. also the 2019 winter classic was the stars and pedators?

spacer.png@TheHealthiestScratch as requested here's the flyers in red and blue. i'd like to keep this jersey design though. i think it's the best design they've ever had.

now that i look at it, the red and blue jerseys could represent old-timey pilots and the green and gray ones could represent newer military aircraft.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eegl75 said:

spacer.png@TheHealthiestScratch as requested here's the flyers in red and blue. i'd like to keep this jersey design though. i think it's the best design they've ever had.

now that i look at it, the red and blue jerseys could represent old-timey pilots and the green and gray ones could represent newer military aircraft.

I actually said I think a striping change with the same colors would work better than changing to different colors that other teams wear in Phila. I also mixed up my outdoor games, I meant the 2019 Stadium Series. My bad

1 hour ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

I actually said I think a striping change with the same colors would work better than changing to different colors that other teams wear in Phila. I also mixed up my outdoor games, I meant the 2019 Stadium Series. My bad

ill see what i can do. i just find those stadium series jerseys a little boring

On 5/23/2022 at 6:57 PM, TheHealthiestScratch said:

is this more like what you had in mindspacer.png