Intermountain Health Care Rebrand

kimball

Local healthcare system here in Utah rebranded themselves from Intermountain Health Care to Intermountain Health along with a logo that's been getting panned.

OLD LOGO:

13934729_10154464622757437_6500780640849

NEW LOGO:

326514157_5942242155836143_6488848988345

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I normally like to see letter-based logos. But this "ih" doesn't strike me. It's not aesthetically pleasing; and, if it's meant to have some kind of imagistic connection to healthcare, that is not at all apparent to me.

With a name as evocative as Intermountain, the logo should harness some of the rich imagery that comes along with that name. The previous logo seems to vaguely suggest a human form. But what occurs to me is that, if you flip that jammy over (and remove the dot), you get something that goes well with the name Intermountain.

Intermountain.png

One could even imagine that middle form on its own as a representation of the initial I.

• Like 3

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Ha. I knew someone would start a thread for this...choice.

Here's a better look at the new logo.

Intermountain-Health-900x506.jpg

To FC's point about Intermountain being rife with imagery...I recall the logo that predated the green/blue one as just being a family outline standing in a triangle (it literally looked like a street sign). So apparently IHC may disagree with the assertion that their name conjures anything at all.

• LOL 1

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE