Columbus Blue Jackets concept (UPDATED 6/19, Third Jersey Concept Added)

B-mer

Columbus is in need of a refresh. I have struggled for a long time to come up with something that feels right, especially a new logo. Since that didn't come to fruition, I'm using the current logo and bringing back the previous shoulder logo with the cap. My design is meant to be an evolution from the previous set, so the striping arrangement is the same on the roads (thick navy, thin white/red), with inversion for the home. The square yoke is the same but cut at the shoulders for the new look. The emphasis of white on the home alludes to the cannon alt a little bit as well. Another goal was to distance from the 'Rangers look' as well. As for the font it's not necessarily a decision on changing from the current, i just dont have the current lol. But, i do feel like i'd adjust that maybe as well. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10

• 2 months later...

Revisiting Columbus and I have two paths. One is more based from their current look, the other is tied more to their original uniforms. The number font is just something I put together real quick, but i wanted to give them a rounded font to call back to their original Copperplate, but obviously not Copperplate. Gimme a vote if you like one more than the other!

A:

spacer.png

B:

spacer.png

• Like 2

• B-mer changed the title to Columbus Blue Jackets concept (UPDATED 6/13)

I think both sets are solid choices, though I think I'd lean more towards A over B. I do still like the font CBJ uses currently but this option isn't bad either. However, your original set keeps catching my eye. Regardless, a step in the right direction! I can't wait for the franchise to get a new identity, which hopefully comes soon with the turnover of new/young talent coming in.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 10:07 PM, VampyrRabbit said:

I prefer the yoked set to both A and B, and I would like to see the Yoked set with the name and number font found on A and B.

Love to see what ideas you have for the alternate uniforms.

spacer.png

with a small edit to the stripes on the home.

As for an alternate, perhaps not to go with this set but I did come up with this:

spacer.png

• B-mer changed the title to Columbus Blue Jackets concept (UPDATED 6/19, Third Jersey Concept Added)