Kansas City Chiefs concept

Zerovoltz

This is my first post.  I am not a professional artist.  I don't know how to use any other tools besides MS Paint, so these will appear a bit crude compared to so much of the other outstanding work here.  I love uniforms and the Chiefs are my favorite team.  I've long admired their resistance to change over the years, but have long felt a few changes would do the uniform some good and bring it up to date with the how things all fit on modern football uniforms.

With the idea in mind that the Chiefs and Hunt family care A LOT about their brand and tradition that goes with it, I've been mindful to create something that doesn't stray from those tradtions and maintains a look that one would see and still think "Chiefs".

What I've done here - 

I've removed the "sleeve" striping.  Modern football uniforms don't have sleeves anymore.  The have an armhole and if you were designing uniforms today from scratch, it wouldn't occur to anyone that striping should go around that hole.  It doesn't fit, it gets scrunched up...it's an area better left alone for the most part.

These don't have TV numbers on them but they could be put on top of the shoulders or on the sides of the shoulders if desired.

The number font is changed from standard block font to Chiefs official wordmark font.  So many teams have their own unique fonts and I thought KC should use theirs for this purpose. 

I've removed the standard stripes on the pants and went with a two tone stripe on each pants set that doesn't flow all the way to the top or bottom of the pants leg.

Each jersey has a two tone "KC" just below the neckline.  

I've removed the black from the "KC" arrowhead.  It is now just red and yellow.  The only element of the unifrom as it exists today that has any black in it at all is the KC arrowhead logo itself.  These aren't exactly the same as the KC arrowhead logos the teams brass wears on their suits, but it's closer in resemblance to that than the current logo.

There is a White, Red, and Yellow set...and all elements can be mixed and matched.  The helmet remains red with white facemask.

I do understand that there are a number of changes here but I try to keep in line with the clean, classic look that the Chiefs brand has long been.  Would love to get thoughts, critiques etc.  Thanks.

Edited by officeglenn
Embedded tweet
  • Like 4

Welcome to posting here! It's a fun, insightful community that can definitely help someone get better as an artist.

Just in case you aren't familiar with it yet, I'll let you know that when you are typing a post or reply, there is a button that allows you to add links to your posts; along the top when typing a post or reply you should see a little chain-link button (between the center align and quote buttons). When you click that there's a line to paste your link into and a line to type whatever text you want people to see. Also, if you right click on the actual image there should be a "Copy image address" option; if you paste that image link in your post the image should actually appear in your post.

I'm adding a link to your design here so others can get to it more easily: LINK

Regarding your designs, I think you've got some good stuff here and for being done on MS Paint the uniforms look really good. I think the Chiefs font works well for the numbers. It's big enough to be easily read from a distance and fits the brand obviously, so I like that change as well as the resistance to add black just to do it.  One thing I'd consider is making the KC monogram either monochrome white/red or have the letters both be one color and have a drop shadow like it does in the arrowhead logo be the 2nd color. On the red jersey the two-color monogram works pretty well, but on the white and yellow jerseys it's hard to see the non-red letters. 

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png