Into the DFW-Verse! (Team #2 - Dallas Cowboys 7/9)

BlueMoon18

(I've returned to the original format, but have combined some features from other ones I've used.)

Well, I've now officially done America's Team. Let's introduce them in the best way possible.

Screenshot-2024-07-07-155235.png

Backstory

Even though Dallas lost its original NFL team after only one year in 1952, interest in professional football never declined in the city. With that, let's move forward six years to 1958. Two football-loving sons of oil magnates, Lamar Hunt and Clint Murchison Jr., are vying to bring the NFL back to Dallas. Hunt fails, but would create a new league...with a team in Dallas. The NFL didn't want this new league to overtake the south, so they also started searching for someone would who own the Dallas franchise. However, there was one big obstacle standing in the way. That obstacle? None other than the infamously greedy George Preston Marshall. He wanted sole ownership over the South, and was not going to let anyone get in his way. Note that in order to get a franchise in those days, the vote had to be unanimous. While everyone else wanted a franchise in Dallas, Marshall kept his foot down, being the lone dissenter. As a result, Murchison would buy "Hail to the (Commanders)!" from Barnee Breeskin, who composed it, and threatened to keep Marshall from using it at home games. Marshall loved that song so much that he ultimately gave up on keeping Dallas from getting its franchise. He would agree to give the franchise to Dallas in exchange for getting his song back, and thus, the Cowboys were born.

Logo Sheet

Dallas-Texans-Logo-Sheet-copy.jpg

Primary: The Cowboys are simply one of those teams whose logo was much too iconic to fully redo. As a result, the primary remains the same shape. The only real change I made was making the outside border royal blue. 

Secondary A: I brought back the 60th-anniversary logo and recolored it for use as a secondary logo.

Secondaries B & C - Similar concept to the Texans primary logo I used. Large Texas and a star where Dallas would be. The Texas is now silver and the D is now a DC monogram (for Dallas Cowboys). Said monogram can also be used as a standalone logo.

Wordmarks: Same thing as the primary logo, too iconic to fully redo. And again, I simply added a royal blue outline.

This is the first team without any tertiaries, hence why you see text (also lyrics from the Cowboys Pride Song).

Home Uniform

Screenshot-2024-07-09-121346.png

You're going to notice a general theme with these unis. I attempted to do a 2-color version of the 60s throwbacks uniforms. The home uniform is white with navy shoulders and royal numbers. The helmet for this and the away uniform is silver with a royal facemask, with a NRWRN helmet stripe.

NOB: Micah Parsons. No introduction needed.

Road Uniform

Screenshot-2024-07-09-121752.png

Same idea as the home uniform. This one is royal with white shoulders. The front and back numbers are white while the sleeve numbers are royal. The stars are navy for the sake of color balance.

NOB: Demarcus Ware. Also needs no introduction.

Alternate Uniform 1 (Lone Star Navy)

Screenshot-2024-07-09-121816.png

The first alternate follows on the earlier theme with the jersey being navy with royal shoulders. All numbers are white. A royal helmet with a silver facemask is to be used with this jersey. The helmet stripe is similar to the normal helmet, with silver replacing royal.

NOB: Bullet Bob Hayes. One of the fastest men alive. If only I witnessed him play.

Alternate Uniform 2 (Cowboy Pride)

Screenshot-2024-07-09-121851.png

Don't worry! I still made a uniform based on their famous home uniform, which will serve as alternate #2. This is specifically based off the 70s version of the uniforms, but with more of a 70s feel (which makes this a fauxback). 

NOB: Charley Pride. The guy who sang the song that introduced this post.

That is all I have for now. Sorry for the long wait for this, but I wanted to make this the best that I could do it. Hope ya'll like it, and as always, C+C is much appreciated. Have a good day!

• Like 1

• BlueMoon18 changed the title to Into the DFW-Verse! (Team #2 - Dallas Cowboys 7/9)