women playing in the NFL

goalieboy82

A woman playing in the NFL would be really tough,but I wont ever say that we will never see it.I tried to think of another position other than kicker where we could see one.I thought maybe WR,if you take an Olympic-quality sprinter for the speed aspect,but then you have to look at her getting hit and going over the middle and such.Not to mention running in full gear,and women's sprinter's times are not as strong as the men,so who knows.Then I thought turn her around and make her a cover corner,but then you wonder about her getting blown off the ball by physical WR's blocking for the run.You look at a guy like Terrel Owens,and he's taller than 90% of the WNBA players and much bigger,and a female sprinter would look tiny next to him.Then I think of basketball.I was a fair basketball player in my day,and now I coach a boy's AAU team for the last 7 seasons.In 1998-my first season of coaching-I was friends with Brooke Lassiter.If you're not familiar with her she attended Louisiana Tech and was the starting point guard in the '00-'01 and '01-'02 season.She's reguarded as the best female player to ever come out of Arkansas and I used to bring her to my boy's practices my first season and she would kill them.She made them better for sure,but she made my boy's look dumb on numerous nights.My guys would win the 1999 state championship a year later.Brooke-for all her high school accolades-had a standout career and was a marquee player for LaTech,but even SHE is not playing in the WNBA now unless she signed as a free agent and I missed it.My point of all of this is that as good as my boys became and as much better at b-ball that she was,she still was not even the best player on her college team and not even good enough to become pro in her own sex' league.All of this from a young woman regarded as the best female player in this state's history.So as far as the 4 major sports I dont see it happening for a very long time,but I will never say it will never happen.

98Falcons.png

Archived