Worcester Centrum gets new name

slapshot

Digital Federal Credit Union has bought the naming rights to the 20+ year old Worcester Centrum Centre in Worcester, Mass. The Centrum will now be called the DCU Center under a $5.2M, 10 year deal.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I always wondered when the name change would be official since they technically changed the name a few years ago from the Worcester Centrum to the Worcester entrum Center.

Bad name, but not as bad as the arena formerly known as the Providence Civic Center: it's current name: the Dunkin Donut Center, which, we all know the center of a donut is a hole. (Yeah, it could be cream filled, but that's a whole other range of associations)

Actually, Providence Civic Center is the Dunkin' Donuts Center. It's pretty appropriate that it's also referred to as "The Dunk", considering the team most likely to be seen on TV there is Providence College basketball. It's also not too far (within 30 miles I think) of the corporate HQ for DD, so the naming rights have local interests.

The Centrum has been the Centrum Centre (also, the Centrum Sentray) for almost 10 years now, ever since the exhibition hall/convention center adjacent to it was built. At least they got rid of the bright orange facade and changed it to a lighter sea-green color. If I want to see a large giant orange monstrosity I'll go to Topsfield Fair and look at the pumpkins. Or I'll wear one of the new Topeka Tarantulas jerseys.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived