The thing I hate about designing logos....

iDonovan

He He.... So True...

After a while you learn how to pick up on client's behaviorisms when it comes to designing and whether or not they'd appreciate a 40 hour masterpiece or a 40 minute hack job.

This is usually the same in all mediums of design.... not just logos.

The simplest reason for this is as a creative person, we look at and understand all the physchological reasoning for specific design elements, balance and positioning..

A Client just sees a Red Brick. They don't and simply can't appreciate the piece that took longer to do and that as an artist you feel is the best... because they are not creative people and 4 out of 5 times will pick what their mind associates with from a comfort standpoint.

Good Analogy...... Obviously Fine Crystal is better than Styrofoam Dixie Cups, but people are more comfortable drinking from the dixie cups.

A good friend of mine who is a designer and also does video filming and editing gave me this piece of advice... He said whenever they would show a film reel to a client... it was always just human nature for them to find at least 1 thing wrong with it.... So whenever they would film something for any client, they would purposely put something so obviously out of place in there (like a cat with a red ribbon on it) that when the client viewed the film reel... they reaction would be "Great, we love it.... but can we take out the cat with the red ribbon?"

Archived